Gamblers Thank Fans
The 2009-10 Green Bay Gamblers hockey season will be forever remembered as one of great success. Under the direction of Head Coach/G.M. Jon Cooper the Gamblers won their second straight Anderson Cup and the team's first Clark Cup since 2000. The team also set franchise records for most wins (45), points (95) and consecutive wins (15).
Although the Gamblers play the ultimate team game, we had some impressive individual performers this season. Steve Summerhays was named the USHL Goaltender of the Year, David Makowski garnered USHL Defenseman of the Year honors, Anders Lee named USHL Rookie of the Year and Clark Cup Playoff Most Valuable Player and Jon Cooper took home USHL Head Coach and General Manager of the Year honors. Summerhays, Makowski and Lee also were named First Team All USHL.
Off the ice, the Gamblers surpassed the 130,000 mark in single season attendance. The team also set a franchise and USHL record for attendance when a sold out crowd of 8,487 were on hand at the Resch Center for the 5th and decisive game of the Clark Cup finals on May 12.
In the community the Gamblers continued their commitment to raising funds and awareness for various local and national organizations and charities. All in all, the Gamblers raised over $60,000 Funds were raised through sold ticket rebates, jersey auctions, celebrity waiter dinner and bartending and 50/50 raffles sales.
Along with raising money, the Gamblers also collected 2,953 hats for Heavenly Hats, an organization that donates hats to people with cancer, 1,000 pairs of socks and underwear for those in need in Green Bay and its surrounding areas, 1,200 pairs of mittens for Warm Hearts and Warm Hands and 6,437 teddy bears through the annual Teddy Bear Toss.
All our success both on and off the ice, simply would not have been possible without the support of our fans.
Until the puck drops,
The Entire Green Bay Gamblers Family.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 18, 2010
- USHL Selects 90 Players In 2010 Futures Draft - USHL
- Stampede's Future Looks Brighter After Futures Draft - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Phantom Philes: Youngstown Invests In Futures - Youngstown Phantoms
- Ice Makes Six Selections In Futures Draft - Indiana Ice
- Lumberjacks Draft First Five for 2010-2011 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Gamblers Thank Fans - Green Bay Gamblers
- Lancers Select Six Players In 2010 USHL Futures Draft - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Select Six Players In Futures Draft - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Gamblers Stories
- Hockey Returns to Titletown
- Gamblers Name New President
- Four Players with Gambler Ties Selected in 2020 NHL Draft
- Gamblers Add Two Games
- Gamblers Unveil Roster