Ice Makes Six Selections In Futures Draft
INDIANAPOLIS, IN- The Indiana Ice made six selections during the 2010 USHL Futures Draft that was held today. Among the '94 birth year players selected, the Ice chose four forwards, one goaltender and one defenseman.
Indy's first two selections were used to bring in a pair of skilled forwards in Robert Polesello and Cristoval Nieves. Polesello played with the Toronto Junior Canadiens last season, while Nieves skated for the Syracuse Nationals program.
The next two players selected were forwards Cody Bradley and Sebastian Romeo. Bradley was a teammate of Polesello last year and is the son of former NHL forward Brian Bradley, while Romeo was a member of the Palm Beach Hawks last season.
Branching away from the offensive side of the puck, the team's final two picks were goaltender Jon Gillies and defenseman Markus Kojo. Gillies tended net for Salisbury Prep in Massachusetts last year, while Kojo is a 6-3 defenseman from Pori, Finland.
"Our organization went into this draft with the mindset of taking the best players available versus position players," said President Paul Skjodt. "Our first player (Polesello) reminded us of former Ice player Garrett Roe and we believe he could play in the league this year. Overall, there is a chance one or two of these selected players could make the club this year, depending on how they perform in our Main Camp June 10-13."
The two-day USHL draft week continues tomorrow with the 2010 USHL Entry Draft which will begin at 11 am Indy time.
The Indiana Ice is a member of the United States Hockey League, America's only Tier One League.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from May 18, 2010
- USHL Selects 90 Players In 2010 Futures Draft - USHL
- Stampede's Future Looks Brighter After Futures Draft - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Phantom Philes: Youngstown Invests In Futures - Youngstown Phantoms
- Ice Makes Six Selections In Futures Draft - Indiana Ice
- Lumberjacks Draft First Five for 2010-2011 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Gamblers Thank Fans - Green Bay Gamblers
- Lancers Select Six Players In 2010 USHL Futures Draft - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Select Six Players In Futures Draft - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.