Galaxy acquire 2008 conditional third round SuperDraft pick
CARSON, CA (Friday, January 19, 2007) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have acquired a 2008 conditional third round SuperDraft pick from the Columbus Crew. In exchange, the Galaxy trades the right of midfielder/defender Stefani Miglioranzi, the club announced today.
Signed as a discovery player, Miglioranzi played 90 minutes for the Galaxy in an exhibition game against Mexican First Division club Necaxa on July 12, 2006, as well as 25 minutes in three regular season games.
Miglioranzi, 28, most recently played for Swindon Town FC of the English First Division after stints with Everton and Portsmouth FC. The former St. Johns University All-American appeared in 134 games with Swindon Town from 2002-2006, scoring nine career goals.
Miglioranzi moved with his family to the United States from Brazil at the age of 12, and went on to star at St. Johns, helping the Red Storm to the 1996 NCAA Championship. Drafted by the Chicago Fire with the 36th overall pick in the 1999 MLS College Draft, Miglioranzi opted to sign with Portsmouth following a trial with Everton.
Plagued by injuries at Portsmouth, Miglioranzi signed with Swindon Town in July, 2002 and proceeded to standout for the club over the next four seasons despite battling several injuries.
Fans interested in 2007 L.A. Galaxy season tickets should call toll-free 1-877-3GALAXY or visit www.lagalaxy.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2007
- Galaxy acquire 2008 conditional third round SuperDraft pick - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United announce preseason schedule - D.C. United
- D.C. United confirms international game dates and times - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- Full Schedule Announced for 2018 International Champions Cup Presented by Heineken
- LA Galaxy Tops Chicago 1-0
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ola Kamara to Three-Year Contract
- LA Galaxy to Wear Jerseys Made from Parley Ocean Plastic for April 21 Match
- StubHub Center to Host 4th Annual Campeon de Campeones and SuperCopa MX Doubleheader on July 15