Frontenacs win second straight
Kingston Frontenacs are in Windsor to face the Spitfires. The Frontenacs are looking for the second straight win while the hometown Spitfires want to snap a two-game losing streak.
69-seconds into the first period, Fronts Captain Anthony Stewart and Mike Webber drop the gloves and serve 5 minute majors; Stewart leaves the game with a hamstring injury. 5:28 Tony Rizzi (3) scores assisted by Kyle Raftis and Ryan Stephenson. Sixty-seconds later John Scott Dickson replies for Windsor tying the game 1 a piece. Danny Revelle takes a big hit and is taken to look at the knee injury. Kingston leads Windsor 1 - 1.
Second Period, Frontenacs veteran Evan Kotsopoulos (3) scores the winning goal at 6:51 on the powerplay assisted by Cory Emmerton and Justin Suda. At 12:47, Fronts Bobby Bolt (1) scores his first in a Kingston uniform assisted by Radek Smolenak. Bolt was part of the pre-season trade with Adam Nemeth sending Bryan Rodney to London. Kingston leads 3 - 1
Third Period, less than 10-minutes remaining in the game Frontenacs Dayne Davis robs John Scott Dickson during a powerplay and has been outstanding throughout he game. 5-minutes remaining in the game Todd Griffith (4) fires one in assisted by Radek Smolenak, Smolenak's 2nd point of the game. Windsor's overage goalie Brad Topping is pulled with 90-seconds left going with six attackers. Kingston wins their second straight, Frontenacs 4 - Windsor 1.
A well rested Dayne Davis is in net for the Frontenacs stopping 33 shots
3 Star Selection: Dayne Davis 1st Star and 2nd Star Evan Kotsopoulos.
Not dressed for Kingston were Derek Lyons with a broken knuckle injury suffered October 9th in Peterborough. Dan Dempsey also not dressed.
Kingston Frontenacs road swing continues Friday night in Saginaw and Plymouth on Saturday. Kingston's next home game is Friday, October 22nd to host Plymouth at Kingston Memorial Centre 7:30PM.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2004
- Heartbreaker - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors
- Battalion blitzkrieg buries Generals - North Bay Battalion
- Frontenacs win second straight - Kingston Frontenacs
- Barrie Colts at the TD Bank - Barrie Colts
- Corey Perry Named Canadian Hockey League Player of the Week - OHL
- Knights start at the top - OHL
- Sting vs. Peterborough live tonight on TV COGECO 6 - Sarnia Sting
- Hometown hockey returns to Rogers - Niagara IceDogs
- Weekend Fun with the Ottawa 67s - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kingston Frontenacs Stories
- OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week: Brett Neumann
- Fronts Fill the Net in 7-6 Win over North Bay
- Larabie Pots First Career Goal, But Fronts Fall to 67's
- Frustrating Night as Fronts Fall to Sting
- Frontenacs Acquire Constantinou, Martin and 11 Priority Selection Picks from IceDogs for Robertson and Paquette