Forward Nolan LaPorte Signs with the Walleye
Forward Nolan LaPorte has agreed to terms with the Walleye for the 2020-21 season.
LaPorte, 28, spent last season overseas racking up 39 points (16G, 23A) in 47 games for the Glasgow Clan in the Elite Hockey League.
The Chicago native played his first professional season with Quad City in 2016, and also appeared in one game that season for the American Hockey League's Iowa Wild. After one season with the Florida Everblades, the 6-foot, 192 pound forward signed with Atlanta for the 2018-19 season where he set career-highs in goals (19) and penalty minutes (107).
A former captain for the NCAA's Western Michigan University, LaPorte skated in 133 games, tallying 33 goals and 37 assists for 70 points and 176 penalty minutes. As a Bronco, he skated two seasons with Toledo's Shane Berschbach from 2012 through 2014.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 28, 2020
- Forward Nolan LaPorte Signs with the Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Brings Back Dylan Olsen - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Sign Cincy Natives Chris Crane & Jason Tackett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Agree to Terms with Forward Dylan Steman - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.