Forward Madison Set to Start Season in May
USL League One announced on Monday following the league's Board of Governors meeting that the 2021 regular season will begin on or about May 8 and will feature a 28-game slate running through October, culminating in a six-team playoff to take place in November.
In voting for a flexible start date, the Governors have approved for clubs to begin play as early as April 10 depending on conditions in their local communities. Further details and scheduling announcements will be made in the coming months and the league will continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the event that alterations to the format need to be made.
Forward Madison has not yet announced a venue for its 2021 season, but COO & Owner Conor Caloia affirmed that the club is committed to working closely with local officials to ensure a return to play that is responsible and safe.
"While current local health orders do not allow us to play at Breese Stevens Field, we are working regularly with Public Health Madison Dane County, the Mayor's office and the County Executive's office to try to get back to Breese in advance of the start of the season," Caloia said. "We are determined and hopeful to play at Breese this season. If we continue to not be allowed to do so, we will announce a backup venue as we get closer to the season."
Fans who would like to purchase 2021 Forward Madison season tickets are invited to fill out an interest form on the club's website.
Images from this story
Forward Madison FC huddles up
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from January 25, 2021
- Forward Madison's Josiah Trimmingham to Play against U.S. National Team - Forward Madison FC
- USL League One Announces 2021 Season Format - FC Tucson
- Red Wolves Announce 2021 Start Date & Season Format - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- USL League One Announces 2021 Season Format - Greenville Triumph SC
- USL League One Announces 2021 Season Format - Richmond Kickers
- USL League One Announces 2021 Season Format - USL1
- Tormenta FC Announces 2021 USL League One Schedule Format - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Forward Madison Set to Start Season in May - Forward Madison FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forward Madison FC Stories
- Forward Madison Adds First Goalkeeper of 2021, Signing Phil Breno
- Forward Madison's Michael Vang to Join Chicago Fire Preseason Camp
- Forward Madison, Featherstone Flamingos Team up for Jesse Owens-Inspired Track Jacket
- Forward Madison Adds Speed to the Wing with Tyler Allen
- Forward Madison, Just Coffee Raise Nearly $9000 for Charity