Forward Madison Receives Three Players on Loan from Chicago Fire FC
Forward Madison FC has received three players on loan from Chicago Fire FC ahead of the Flamingos' first USL League One game of the season, the club announced Friday. Goalkeeper Chris Brady, forward Alex Monis and midfielder Allan RodrÃguez are all Homegrown players, signed to their first professional contracts earlier this year by the Fire.
According to Head Coach & Technical Director Daryl Shore, the Fire players will help bolster his team's roster, which now sits at 23 players.
"First and foremost, we're excited to have Chris, Alex and Allan on our roster," Shore said. "They're all young men learning to become proper professionals, and part of that process is learning to compete to earn minutes. We think they'll give us quality depth on our team, but at the same time, when they get a chance to play I think they can take it."
Forward Madison previously announced an affiliation with the Fire on March 5, giving the Flamingos a chance to bolster their roster through loan deals with the Major League Soccer club. As part of the partnership, the Fire retains the right to recall Brady, Monis and Rodriguez at any point, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
Brady, 16, was signed as the 19th Homegrown Player in Club history on March 24. A native of Naperville, Ill., Brady originally joined the Chicago Fire Academy in 2017. During his time with the Fire Academy, Brady made 48 appearances (48 starts) at the U-14, U-15, U-16 and U-17 levels.
Monis, 16, joined the Fire's first team as the 18th Homegrown Player in Club history on March 11. A native of Naperville, Ill., Monis has been with the Club since 2015, featuring in the Fire Juniors and Academy programs. Prior to signing with the first team, Monis made 78 appearances (67 starts). In 19 appearances (18 starts) for the Academy, Monis scored ten goals and added two assists.
RodrÃguez, 16, became the 20th Homegrown Player signing in Club history on March 25. After being identified by the Indiana Fire Academy scouting staff, the Elkhart, Ind., native joined the Indiana Fire in the fall of 2017. In January 2019, RodrÃguez transferred to the Chicago Fire Academy, making 21 appearances (15 starts).
Forward Madison is set to kick off its 2020 USL League One this Saturday, July 25 at 8 p.m., with a road game against North Texas SC. The Flamingos will play 16 games this year during a four-month USL League One regular season, with the top two teams qualifying for the League One Final.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from July 24, 2020
- Revolution II Game Preview: New England vs. Union Omaha - New England Revolution II
- Match Preview: Greenville vs. Richmond - Greenville Triumph SC
- Forward Madison Reaches Landmark Deal to Broadcast Games on TVW - Forward Madison FC
- Forward Madison Receives Three Players on Loan from Chicago Fire FC - Forward Madison FC
- Match Preview: Fort Lauderdale CF to Host FC Tucson on Saturday - Fort Lauderdale CF
- Kickers Take the Trip to Greenville Saturday - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forward Madison FC Stories
- Forward Madison Takes a Point from Hart Park Home Opener
- Forward Madison Unveils Black Lives Matter Training Top
- Forward Madison Falls to Defeat in First League One Game of 2020
- Forward Madison Reaches Landmark Deal to Broadcast Games on TVW
- Forward Madison Receives Three Players on Loan from Chicago Fire FC