Fort Wayne Mad Ants Fall to Erie in Eastern Conference Semifinals
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Erie BayHawks defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 119-116, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Tuesday night in front of a crowd of 3.374 to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. The No. 3 seed BayHawks will host the No. 4 seed Raptors 905 in hopes of advancing to the NBA G League Finals.
Andrew White III led Erie with 26 points on 10-of-17 shooting off the bench. Jeremy Evans and Josh Magette added 24 and 21 points each as the BayHawks clinched its first bid to the Eastern Conference Finals in franchise history. Magette contributed 12 assists for a double-double on the night.
Raphiael Putney recorded a double-double effort as well of 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Erie recorded its third win of the season against the Mad Ants in large part of storming out to a 27-point lead in the first half. The BayHawks led for the entirety of the game.
Fort Wayne would shrink the deficit to as much as two in the final quarter, but despite outrebounding the Southeast Division champions by 13, the Mad Ants could not grab the lead.
The Mad Ants were led by 29 points and 11 rebounds from the NBA G League Most Improved Player of the Year, DeQuan Jones. Four other Mad Ants scored in double figures, including 18 from both Indiana Pacers two-way players Ben Moore and Edmond Sumner. The 18 points set a new career high for the rookie.
The loss results in a 29-22 final record for the Mad Ants.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2018
- Austin Spurs Black out the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for Western Conference Finals - Austin Spurs
- Grand Rapids Drive's Landry Nnoko Named 2017-18 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year - Grand Rapids Drive
- Grand Rapids Drive's Landry Nnoko Named 2017-18 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year - G League
- Hawks Recall Cavanaugh and Evans, Transfer Magette and White III to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Fall to Erie in Eastern Conference Semifinals - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers - Reno Bighorns
- South Bay Plays Its Cards Right, Advances to West Finals - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905
- Mad Ants Acquire Tre Kelley
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie
- PS&E Season of Giving "Basketballidays" to Visit Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants Hold on at Home against Rio Grande Valley