Forge FC Signs Canadian Midfielder David Choiniere
Forge FC announced Thursday the club has signed Canadian midfielder David Choinière (SHWA-nee-air).
Choinière, 22, has made five appearances, including one start, over three seasons (2016-18) with Major League Soccer's Montreal Impact. The 5-8, 152-pound native of Saint-Alexandre, Quebec made 15 appearances with FC Montreal in the United Soccer League in 2016, scoring one goal. Choinière became the first player to successfully make the jump from FC Montreal to the first team, and made his MLS debut against New England October 23, 2016. He received the Fédération de Soccer du Québec (FSQ) Male Senior Player of Excellence award in 2016.
"We are very happy to be adding a player with David's qualities to our club. He is an exciting attacking player who will bring another dimension to our attack," said Bobby Smyrniotis, Technical Director and Head Coach of Forge FC. "Beyond his qualities on the pitch, he is a very mature young man who is confident in his abilities, and ready and committed to be an integral player of our club."
Internationally, Choinière has one cap with Canada's national soccer team during a friendly against Jamaica in 2017. Prior to turning pro, Choinière joined the Montreal Impact Academy in 2011, playing with the U-15, U-16, U-18 and U-20 teams. He made his debut in the Canadian youth program in 2012 at the Copa de México de Naciones.
Forge FC will host York9 FC at Tim Hortons Field in the Canadian Premier League's inaugural match Saturday, April 27 at 1 p.m. For season ticket information, please visit www.forgefootball.club.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Forge FC Signs Canadian Midfielder David Choiniere - Forge FC
- Pacific FC Adds to Back Line with Pair of Centre Backs - Pacific FC
- HFX Wanderers FC Announce Partnership with Benjamin Bridge Winery - HFX Wanderers FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forge FC Stories
- Forge FC to Host First Leg of 2019 CPL Finals on October 26 at Tim Hortons Field
- Forge FC Signs Midfielder Stoddart and Defender Oyegunle
- Forge FC Signs Goalkeeper Iacobellis to Developmental Contract
- 'I Belong Here': from Goalkeeper to Army Hopeful, Novak Now Calls Forge Home
- 'Make the Most of It': Forge Take Continental Defeat in Stride