Forge FC Re-Signs Midfielder Achinioti-Jönsson to Multi-Year Deal
Forge FC Hamilton announced Friday the team has re-signed Swedish midfielder Alexander Achinioti-Jönsson to a multi-year agreement.
Achinioti-Jönsson, 25, has made 80 appearances for Forge FC over three seasons (2019-21), including 63 in Canadian Premier League play, 13 in Concacaf League and four Canadian Championship matches, registering four goals and four assists overall. The 6-2 versatile midfielder has played a significant role in the club's first three seasons, including the title-winning goal against HFX Wanderers FC in the 2020 CPL Finals.
"Alex has grown into and cemented himself as one the top midfielders in the CPL since joining us in our inaugural season" said Costa Smyrniotis, Director of Football of Forge FC. "He exemplifies a high work rate and dedication to our club both on and off the pitch and we're very happy that we will continue together over the next few years."
Prior to joining Forge, the native of Hittarp, Sweden suited up in over 100 matches played in the top Swedish Allsvenskan and Superettan leagues with IFK Varnamo (2018), Helsingborgs IF (2012-17) and Hittarps IK (2011-12). He also represented Sweden at the under-19 youth international level.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from January 14, 2022
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forge FC Stories
- Forge FC Sign Defender Rezart Rama
- Forge FC Expands Seating Availability at Tim Hortons Field for the 2020 Canadian Championship vs. Toronto FC Final Due to High Demand
- Forge FC Canadian Championship Quarterfinal Match Date Announced
- Forge FC at Valour FC Match Postponed Due to League Covid Protocols
- Forge FC Sign Canadian Defender Stampatori to a Development Contract