Force Flip Saturday Result
Two first period goals were enough to nudge the Fargo Force to a 2-1 win over the Waterloo Black Hawks Saturday at Scheels Arena.
The result evened up the weekend series between the teams after the Hawks had come out on top 2-0 on Friday.
Jeremy Davidson scored both Fargo goals. The first came at 3:28, when a puck which had deflected high into the air near the goalmouth fell just outside the Waterloo crease. Davidson swatted it over Evan Fear's left shoulder.
He scored again during a power play at 11:27. Davidson tipped Justin Lee's one-timer through traffic.
His second goal broke a 1-1 tie, established when Matej Blumel recorded the only Waterloo tally at 5:38. Emil Ohrvall steamed into the offensive zone on an odd-man rush. His centering pass was blocked but came right back to him, and Ohrvall's second attempt connected with Blumel, who beat Ryan Bischel low to the netminder's glove side.
Bischel and Fear each stopped everything sent their direction during the second and third periods. Both finished the game with 30 saves as the Force outshot the Hawks 32-31.
Now more than halfway through a sequence of eight consecutive games against opponents from the USHL Western Conference, the Black Hawks come home to host the Des Moines Buccaneers on Friday at 7:05 p.m. The game features $2 Bud Light tallboys for fans age 21 and over. For tickets, call the Domino's Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680.
Waterloo 1 0 0 - 1
Fargo 2 0 0 - 2
1st Period-1, Fargo, Davidson 18 (Crone, Vescio), 3:28. 2, Waterloo, Blümel 27 (Ohrvall), 5:38. 3, Fargo, Davidson 19 (Lee, Kesselring), 11:27 (PP). Penalties-Frisch Fgo (charging), 7:20; Palmer Wat (slashing), 10:41; Frisch Fgo (interference), 18:47.
2nd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Drkulec Wat (roughing), 4:13; Frisch Fgo (holding the stick), 4:13; Marooney Wat (hooking), 5:55; Haskins Wat (major-fighting, 10-minute misconduct), 13:49; Ness Wat (roughing dbl minor, 10-minute misconduct), 13:49; Szmagaj Wat (roughing), 13:49; Bohlsen Fgo (roughing), 13:49; Gajarsky Fgo (roughing dbl minor, 10-minute misconduct), 13:49; Vescio Fgo (major-fighting, 10-minute misconduct), 13:49; Firstov Wat (slashing), 16:28.
3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Harrison Fgo (roughing), 13:23; Palmer Wat (slashing), 16:35.
Shots on Goal-Waterloo 8-9-14-31. Fargo 12-12-8-32.
Power Play Opportunities-Waterloo 0 / 3; Fargo 1 / 4.
Goalies-Waterloo, Fear 13-11-4-0 (32 shots-30 saves). Fargo, Bischel 23-15-2-2 (31 shots-30 saves).
Linesmen-Tony Aronson (67), Elliot Bucholz (43).
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2019
- Phantoms Drop Hard-Fought Battle to Muskegon in Shootout - Youngstown Phantoms
- Storm Clinch Playoff Spot in Road Win over Sioux Falls - Tri-City Storm
- Force Flip Saturday Result - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Jake Sibell Records First USHL Shutout in Musketeer Victory - Sioux City Musketeers
- Steel Erase Early Deficit, Drop Fighting Saints 5-3 - Chicago Steel
- Muskegon Avenges Earlier Loss, Defeats Youngstown in a Shootout 4-3 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Dubuque Splits Weekend Series, Steel Top Saints 5-3 on Saturday - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede's Home Winning Streak Snapped by Tri-City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stars Fall 5-2 After Game Slips Away Late - Lincoln Stars
- Flying Aces Best Gamblers, 3-2 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Preview - Stars at Lancers - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Storm Seek Bounce Back Win against Stampede - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.