Flying Tigers Opening Weekend Begins Saturday at Publix Field
Lakeland, FL - The Lakeland Flying Tigers 2017 home season kicks off Saturday, April 8 at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium when they battle their north division rivals the Tampa Yankees. First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 pm and the gates to Publix Field will open at 4:30 pm. Tickets for all home games are available by calling the Flying Tigers at (863) 686-8075 or visiting LakelandFlyingTigers.com. Advance sale box seat tickets are $9 and reserved seats are $6. Seniors 60 and over, children 12 and under and active military personnel receive a $1.00 discount. Day of game tickets (excluding Monday's) are an additional $3. Saturday tickets are an additional $1. Wednesday All-You-Can-Eat tickets are $12 for box seats and $10 for reserved seats (in advance). Monday tickets are $1. Parking is FREE.
Saturday, April 8 vs. Tampa Yankees @ 6:00 p.m. (Gates open at 4:30 p.m.)
Fireworks Extravaganza following the game (weather permitting) sponsored by Corona, the Ledger Media Group and Watson Clinic.
Magnet Schedule Giveaway The first 2,000 fans that enter the ballpark will receive a free 2017 Flying Tigers magnet schedule sponsored by the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center Lakeland.
Pinwheels in the Park Pinwheels in the Park, a local event coordinated by the Lakeland Flying Tigers and Heartland for Children, is part of the Prevent Child Abuse Florida Pinwheels for Prevention campaign focusing on community activities and public policies that prioritize healthy child development right from the start so abuse and neglect never begin. The blue and silver pinwheel is the national symbol of this campaign and a large pinwheel garden will be planted for this event representing the happy childhoods and bright futures that all children deserve. Pinwheels in the Park is an opportunity for our local community to support this campaign and help raise funds for local prevention programming. Each and every one of us can play a role in preventing child abuse and neglect.
The Flying Tigers will be wearing specially designed jerseys during the game to raise awareness for Heartland for Children.
* Local youth baseball and softball teams sponsored by the Detroit Tigers Foundation of Florida will be part of the opening day festivities and will be taking the field prior to the introduction of the Flying Tigers.
Sunday, April 9 vs. Tampa Yankees @ 1:00 p.m. (Gates open at 12:00 p.m.)
Sunday Brunch Enjoy brunch in the new '34 Club Presented by Miller Lite from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $17 in advance and $20 on the day of game. Menu includes fried chicken & waffles, omelet action station, bacon & sausage, scrambled eggs and build your own parfait. There will also be mimosa and bloody mary specials.
Publix Easter Egg Hunt following the game (weather permitting)
* Over 20,000 candy and toy filled eggs will be scattered across the field at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium following the game. The egg hunt is open to children ages 12 and under. * Special appearance by the Easter Bunny.
The Flying Tigers are a Class A Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. For more information please visit the Flying Tigers online at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com or call (863) 686-8075.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 6, 2017
- Marauders Double Up Stone Crabs 8-4 - Bradenton Marauders
- Eflin Brilliant as Threshers Win Season Opener, 3-1 - Clearwater Threshers
- Mets Fall to Cardinals 3-1 on Opening Day - St. Lucie Mets
- Official Opening Day Roster - Tampa Yankees
- Flying Tigers Opening Weekend Begins Saturday at Publix Field - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Montgomery, Green to Pitch for T-Yanks on Opening Day - Tampa Yankees
- Stone Crabs, CCSO Announce A.P.B. Program - Charlotte Stone Crabs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.