Florida Flight Win Second Straight
(Kissimmee, FL) - Sparked by 12 consecutive points by Lamont Houston during a pivotal fourth-quarter run, the Florida Flight (2-1) defeated the Gwinnett Majic 131-117 Thursday night in the Kissimmee Civic Center.
Houston, who finished with 17, connected on consecutive 3-point field goals, a short jumper in the paint, and four free throws during a stretch where the Flight broke open a close game and took their first double-digit lead in the final minutes.
The Flight were led by Trevor Bing's 29 points, while Dwayne Foreman scored 21 and dished out 10 a team-leading assists. Also in double figures were Willie Irick with 18, Alex Hill with 12 and Yusuf Baker with 10. Baker led the Flight in rebounds with nine.
The Flight also played tenacious defense, forcing 28 Majic turnovers.
Gwinnett, who suffered their first loss of the season, got 33 points and eight rebounds from Javon Randolph and 26 points and eight rebounds from B.J. Puckett. Their Head Coach, David Akin, was ejected from the contest when he received his second technical foul with 34 seconds remaining.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from May 21, 2010
- Florida Flight Win Second Straight - Florida Flight
- Florida Flight Knock Off Gwinnett Majic - Florida Flight
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Flight Stories
- Florida Flight Mourn the Unexpected Passing of Rookie Center Chris Uhle
- Orlando Magic Name Flight Player Adam Waldo Harris Hometown Hero
- Florida Flight Pick up Win, Collect over 750 Toys at 3rd Annual Toys for Tots Charity Basketball Gam
- 3rd Annual Florida Flight Toys for Tots Game Announced
- For Release - Florida Flight Promote Cal Thompson to General Manager