Fish Reel in Braves
Rome, GA - The Rome Braves were defeated by the Columbus Catfish 11-1 Sunday afternoon in front of a crowd of 2,952 fans.
The Catfish scored all the runs they would need in the first inning. Maiko Loyola reached on a base hit and advanced to second on a Shawn O'Malley single. Reid Fronk singled and brought Loyola home to score and O'Malley to third. Fronk reached second on the throw. Greg Sexton singled and brought in O"Malley while advancing Fronk to third. Fronk scored on a Stephen Vogt sacrifice fly. Quinn Stewart hit a homerun (7) which scored Sexton to make the score 5-0.
In the third the Catfish added six more runs for the 11-0. Rome managed to get their lone run in the sixth inning after Luis Sumoza reached on a double and scored on an Adam Coe single. Alexander Cobb (9-7) gets the win for Columbus while Rodgrio Lopez (0-1) is tagged for the loss for Rome.
Roster Revision: Jacob Thompson was placed on the Danville roster earlier today and Rodrigo Lopez was received from Richmond.
Rome and Columbus meet again tomorrow at 2pm. For ticket information contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or long onto www.romebraves.com
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 31, 2008
- Hoppers Walk Off With Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Captains Drop Fourth Straight - Lake County Captains
- Eighth Inning Rally, Tourists Fall Short 10-6 - Asheville Tourists
- Jackets Hold Off Late Tourists Rally for Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- RiverDogs roll to 10-2 win - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Two Home Runs by Pahuta Push Suns Past Captains - Hagerstown Suns
- BlueClaws crack 80 wins with 5-4 victory - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power Fall in Slugfest Against Kannapolis - West Virginia Power
- Lakewood Claws Past Birds 5-4 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Walk it Out: 'Dads Fall, 9-2 - Hickory Crawdads
- Drive Cruise Past Crawdads, 9-2 - Greenville Drive
- Fish Reel in Braves - Rome Braves
- Captains Fall in 10 Innings - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.