Fire to Host Second $1.99 Gas Promotion
Louisville, KY - The Louisville Fire Arena Football team are rewarding fans by giving away gasoline for $1.99 a gallon promoting their next home game at Freedom Hall on May 19, 2007. In April, the Louisville Fire Arena Football team partnered with Thornton's gas station and local sports radio station Sporting News 1570 The Zone creating a buzz that resulted in one of the most successful promotions ever in the history of the Louisville Fire Arena Football team.
" With gas prices climbing and our next home game focusing on military night we wanted to create a buzz for fans to not only come out to support the Fire but for the active and retired military as well" said Matt Heitzmann Director of Community Relations. Armed Forces Day, on May 19 against the visiting Birmingham Steeldogs, will honor retired and active military.
Fans are encouraged to bring a donation of unopened beef jerky, granola bars and wrapped hard candy and gum for a $2.00 discount on tickets at the gate. Donations will be shipped to troops currently serving overseas. Listen to the "Bob & Will Show" on 790am 8:00am to 10:00am and Sporting News 1570 The Zone this week for time and location of the $1.99 gas giveaway. For additional information please contact Matt Heitzmann at 502-368-0009.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 10, 2007
- Week seven Friday night af2 matchups - af2
- Manchester Wolves update - Manchester Wolves
- af2 week seven quick hitters - af2
- Jungle Kats Battle Vipers Saturday Night at U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati Jungle Kats
- Wolves Bring In A Pair Of Rookies - Manchester Wolves
- Fire to Host Second $1.99 Gas Promotion - Louisville Fire
- Sharks Weekly - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Louisville Fire game notes - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.