Fathers' Day Tradition Extended to Dads and "Maybe Dads"
San Rafael - In addition to the Pacifics longstanding Father's Day tradition of fathers playing catch on the field at Albert Park with their kids and Pacifics players, this year the Pacifics are expanding the day's festivities to not only dads but "maybe" dads as well. For those who aren't sure of their official status as a father, the Pacifics are giving away free pregnancy tests at the gate.
The Pacifics want to assure that everyone who is eligible gets to celebrate Father's Day. In the event of uncertainty, the team will be discreetly distributing the free tests at their Guest Services desk only to adults over the age of 21 and upon request.
"We're all about being inclusive," said the Pacifics President of Sales and Marketing, Kim Mcginnis. "We love to celebrate Father's Day at the ballpark but want to be sure to cover those who aren't quite sure if they're a Dad. They should be included too, right?"
In addition, Jeff Burkhart, former contributor to the Marin Independent Journal and author of the book, 20 Years Behind Bars: The Spirited Adventures of a Real Bartender will be serving specialty cocktails throughout Sunday's game.
The Pacifics are hosting the Martinez Clippers for next Sunday's Fathers' Day game, with first pitch scheduled for 1:05pm.
Tickets for the Father's Day game are available at www.pacificsbaseball.com as well as at the Barbier Ticket Booth during Pacifics games at Albert Park.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Association message board...
Pacific Association Stories from June 12, 2018
- Fathers' Day Tradition Extended to Dads and "Maybe Dads" - San Rafael Pacifics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Rafael Pacifics Stories
- Pacifics and Hog Island Host "Oysters and Baseball" Festival
- Pacifics To Host Historic Boxing Night Featuring Live In-Game Bout
- Jewish Heritage Night July 26th
- Pacifics Announce Firefighter Appreciation Night
- First-Ever "Double Chin Night," Beatles' "White Album" Anniversary Highlight Weekend Festivities