Fargo Force Win the Battle of the Dakotas
The Force hit the road to Sioux Falls to take on the Stampede at their home arena. Tonight's competition got off to a slow start with no scoring or penalties seen in the first. A much different first period than last nights, where a total of 5 goals were scored in one. The Force lead in shots in the first with 10, followed closely behind by the Stampede with 8. Goalies on both sides made some big saves to keep their opponents scoreless.
The second period was unquestionably dominated by the Force. Two goals came from Tyler Rollwagen, a forward committed to the University of Nebraska Omaha. He was the first and last to score during the second period. The second goal of the period came from Ryan Richardson, tapped in off a feed from Erik Bargholtz. Next, a pretty tic-tac-toe-goal on a power-play from Austin Wong. Assisted by Jeremy Davidson and Tristan Broz. With Rollwagen's second goal rounding out the period, the Force gave themselves a substantial lead at 4-0.
The beginning of the third saw a multitude of penalties making the game a four-on-four competition. Sioux Falls increased their shots-on-goal from only 3 in the second to 7 in the third, but that wasn't enough to catch up to Fargo's big lead. Matt Crasa mad the only goal of the third assisted by Owen Gallatin and Jacob Braccini. Brennen Boynton had a stellar game in the net, completing the game with a shutout. He made some huge stops to help the Force keep the momentum throughout the game. The Force travel to the Viaero Center on Friday the 20th to take on the Tri-City Storm.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2020
- Today's Game Declared a No Contest by USHL - Tri-City Storm
- Phantoms Drop Pair of Games to Green Bay - Youngstown Phantoms
- Sunday Game Declared "No Contest" - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel Fall To Lumberjacks 10-8 In Wild Season Opener - Chicago Steel
- Storm Defeat Stars in 2020 Home Opener at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Caught in Sioux City Surge - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Green Bay Moves to 3-0 - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stampede Shutout 5-0 in Home Opener - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Third Period Surge Lifts Musketeers Past Waterloo - Sioux City Musketeers
- Fargo Force Win the Battle of the Dakotas - Fargo Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.