Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Albany, Game #40
e-record nine-game winning from Mar. 6 to 28, 1998.
FOUR OF A KIND
The Falcons' four-win week was their first since they went 4-1-0-0 in five contests from Nov. 11 to 17, 2002.
RACKING UP THE POINTS
The Falcons have posted points in each of their last seven games (6-0-1-0), tying their 2012-2013 season high. The seven-game points streak is Springfield's 10th of that length in franchise history. The record for the longest points streak in Falcons history is nine, set twice (Oct. 19 to Nov. 16, 1996, 7-0-2-0; Mar. 6 to 28, 1998; 9-0-0-0). Springfield searches for its fourth eight-game point streak in club history tonight.
Springfield has scored power-play goals in each of the last 11 contests, striking twice more on the man advantage Sunday to extend its streak. The Falcons have climbed to fourth in the league on the power play at 21.2% after entering the first game of the streak on Dec. 29 ninth in the AHL at 18.1%. Springfield is clicking at 30.6% (15/49) on the man advantage during this stretch.
"JAM" STAYS HOT
Jonathan Audy-Marchessault is on a seven-game streak (7g-7a). Audy-Marchessault leads the Falcons with 44 points, putting him third in the league in that category.
Nick Drazenovic scored goals in all three games on the weekend and has points in five-consecutive contests (3g-8a).
Nick Holden doubled his 2012-2013 goal production on Sunday with a pair of tallies. The two-goal game was the second of his career, and first since he scored twice with the Falcons on Feb. 27, 2011.
Springfield improved to 9-1-0-0 in Sunday games this season with its win over Bridgeport, including 5-0-0-0 on the road. The Falcons are now 5-1-0-0 in the final game of a three-in-three stretch, with a 4-0-0-0 mark in away competition.
PLAYING AT BOTH ENDS
Springfield is third in the AHL in offense and second in defense, scoring 3.41 goals/game and allowing 2.41 goals/game. The Falcons' +39 goals differential is the highest in the AHL.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2013
- Knuble Makes Griffins Debut in 5-4 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comeback in Connecticut - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Stay Hot in Cold Weather - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Extend Winning Streak To Six, Dispatch Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Return Home with Overtime Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Strong Defense, Spread-Out Attack and Special Teams Lead Admirals to Victory Over Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Pick Up Road Win In Milwaukee, Sink Admirals 3-2 - Houston Aeros
- Penguins Win Fifth Straight With Shutout of IceCaps - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Downed by Falcons - Albany Devils
- Checkers Suffer First Loss to Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Penguins shut out IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bruins Fall to Monarchs - Providence Bruins
- Flames Assign Roman Horak to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Simpson Reassigned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Jamie Tardif Added to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Frattin Added To All-Star Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Dumont Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Meech added to AHL All-Star roster - St. John's IceCaps
- Brad Hunt Replaces Brett Sterling on AHL All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas added to 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Named to AHL Star Squad - Norfolk Admirals
- Roster changes announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Griffins Sign Spady to Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canadiens Assign Blunden To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Jake Allen Schools Wolves 2-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves wrap up first half on wrong side of whitewash - Chicago Wolves
- Hogs Raise $22,875 For Breast Cancer Research - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Present Star Wars Night, Dollars For Scholars And More This Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Bulldogs Release Mike Commodore from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Albany, Game #40 - Springfield Falcons
- Couture Returning To Ontario Reign - Houston Aeros
- Danton Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Sign Mark Eaton to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Weekly - 2nd Half Begins - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.