Eye of the Storm debuts
The Storm opened Conference play last Thursday evening with a 116-113 win against the Griffin Warriors.
"With the acquisition of MaJic Dorsey and Jamario Moon we picked up the help that we needed in the offensive area. MaJic came in as the Pro that I know from working with him in Rome last season - what a blessing to have him with the Storm."
"His ability to push the ball and get everybody involved was big, while leading us in scoring with 32 points and 8 assists. Moon stepped in and did what Pro's do and that is help the team find a way to win and bring excitement to the game."
Moon's 19 points was followed by a balanced attack of Darius Mattear scoring 18, Leroy Davis with 14, Morgan had 12 and Steve Horne scored 12 points with 10 rebounds.
"I was happy with our defensive play in the first half. Griffin Made it a game in the second half with some great runs. Our next game is set for May 6 against Conference foe the Anderson Heat. This gives us time to get in the gym and work hard on our defensive rotations and offensive sets."
The team finished the week at the Marietta Square supporting DFCS. Foster Parenting day in the park. "Until next time... See you at the top!"
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from April 30, 2006
- Eye of the Storm debuts - Marietta Storm
- Musicians win round two against Rome - Murfreesboro Musicians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Marietta Storm Stories
- WBA's Marietta Storm Players To Babysit, Read To Toddlers Who Live At Shelter
- Big Cat Records Rap Label Owner Buys WBA Team The Marietta Storm
- Atlanta Music Mogul To Introduce New Sports Team
- Marietta Storm Claims 113-101 Home Win Over Florida Flight
- Hannah To Miss Storm's Game At Gwinnett Thursday