Extreme Sign QB Drone along with Defensive players Scott and Bell
BLOOMINGTON (Ill.) - The Bloomington Extreme has added Quarterback Luke Drone along with Defensive Back Justin Scott and Defensive End Shonn Bell to the 2010 roster.
Luke Drone, 6'2" 220bs. - Quarterback from Illinois State University has signed with the Extreme for the 2010 season. Drone compiled over 8,123 yards while completing 610 passes in 1001 attempts, to go along with 59 touchdowns while at Illinois State. He was named to the First Team All-Gateway Conference Team in 2006 and received Honorable Mention honors in 2005. In 2008, Drone was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Buffalo Bills of the NFL. Drone spent 2009 with the Peoria Pirates of the AF2, playing in 14 games with a QB passer rating of 104.49. He completed 211 passes on 346 attempts for 2444 yards and 54 touchdowns, while adding 7 rushing touchdowns. The Mt. Carmel High School product was a first team All-State selection his senior year and received academic All-State honors, while posting a 25-3 record as a starting quarterback his final 2 years.
Justin Scott, 5'10" 210 lbs. - Defensive Back from Purdue University began his collegiate career at the College of the Sequoias in Northern California where he compiled 96 tackles, 11 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and 1 touchdown in one season. While at College of the Sequoias, Scott also placed 2nd in the California Junior College Track and Field Championships with a triple jump of 47'8". In two seasons at Purdue, Scott started 25 of 26 games he played in, compiling 133 tackles, 2 sacks, 11 pass breakups, and 6 interceptions (leading the team with 3 interceptions in 2006). Scott played at Purdue, while current Illinois State University Head Coach Brock Spack was an assistant there.
Shonn Bell, 6'5" 270 lbs. - Veteran Defensive Lineman played his collegiate football at the University Of Virginia-Wise, where he was an All-American Tight End. Bell spent 4 seasons in the NFL, splitting time with the San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, and Minnesota Vikings. Most recently, Bell has spent the past three seasons with the Quad Cities Steam Wheelers of the AF2 as an offensive and defensive lineman. In two seasons, Bell compiled 56 tackles (14.5 for loss) and 9.5 sacks for the Steam Wheelers.
"Luke is a double threat quarterback with indoor experience and tremendous ties to our community. Justin Scott is a very physical defensive back that can hit and cover for us. Shonn is a big, fast defensive end with a wealth of football experience." Coach Carr continued, "This was a good day for the Extreme. Adding these three talented players has improved the depth of our roster which will make for a very competitive training camp at every position".
The Bloomington Extreme will play seven home games at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum in 2010. The regular season kicks off March 6 at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum as the Extreme will host the expansion Richmond (VA.) Revolution. The 2010 Extreme finished with a 10-5 record, making their third straight playoff appearance in the franchises four year history. Season Tickets are on sale now, call 309.434.2658.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from January 11, 2010
- Blizzard Coaching Staff Finalized - Green Bay Blizzard
- Indoor Football League Heads To San Antonio For Pre-Season Meetings - IFL
- Extreme Sign QB Drone along with Defensive players Scott and Bell - Bloomington Extreme
- Stampede Express Sign Veteran Player - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Twisters Looking Statewide For Players - Arkansas Diamonds
- Twisters 2010 Schedule Announced - Arkansas Diamonds
- Colorado Ice Indoor Football Players Coming To Greeley Mall - Colorado Crush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bloomington Extreme Stories
- Extreme Completes 4-Player Trade with Green Bay
- Kelly and Ficklin Named to 2011 All-IFL First Team, Extreme Announce Team Awards
- Extreme's Ficklin Receives 2011 IFL Defensive Player of the Year Award
- Extreme fall 39-34 in IFL Playoffs at Omaha in a Tightly Contested Battle
- Extreme will open 2011 IFL Playoffs at Omaha