Extreme Completes 4-Player Trade with Green Bay
BLOOMINGTON (Ill.) - The Bloomington Extreme Indoor Football Team is pleased to announce a trade with the Green Bay Blizzard for the rights to Quarterback Willie Copeland and Offensive Lineman Tim Mueller. In exchange, the Blizzard acquired the rights to Wide Receivers James Walton and Johnny Gray.
Willie Copeland, 6'3" 225 lbs. - Quarterback from Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA. Copeland started 11 games at Quarterback for the Green Bay Blizzard in 2011, completing 186 of 325 passes for 1,929 yards and 40 TDs. Copeland rushed for 64 yards and 1 TD and made 2 receptions for 15 yards. Copeland signed with the Miami Dolphins in 2008 and participated in mini-camp, following his participation in New York Giants Rookie Camp. While at Valdosta State University, Copeland started 24 games after transferring from Fort Valley State University, completing 561 passes in 861 attempts, good for 5,823 yards and 55 touchdowns. Copeland was the starting quarterback for the NCAA Division II Champion Valdosta State University team in 2007.
Tim Mueller, 6'6" 325 lbs. - Offensive Lineman from St. Norbert College, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The big, athletic offensive lineman was a 4 year starter at St. Norbert College and a 2-time All-Midwest Conference First Team selection. Mueller started 12 games at right guard in 2011 for the Green Bay Blizzard as part of the 12-4 Intense Conference Runners-Up.
"Willie is a proven starting quarterback in our league and someone we think can be ready to come in and produce," states Bloomington General Manager, Beau Bradle. "Tim is a big offensive lineman with great feet and athleticism. Our organization is excited to have two veteran football players with the skills and abilities these young men possess. In order to get quality players, sometimes you also need to give up quality. Wide Receiver is a position in which we view as a great strength of our ball club. James and Johnny have been great for the Extreme organization and we wish them both success in the future."
The Bloomington Extreme are proud members of the Indoor Football League. For ticket information, visit www.bloomingtonextreme.com or contact the Extreme Sales Office at 309.663.8280.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from August 15, 2011
- Extreme Completes 4-Player Trade with Green Bay - Bloomington Extreme
- Bleed Blue: Become a Season-Ticket Holder - Reading Express
- Blizzard Sign Arizona State DB - Green Bay Blizzard
- Reading Ranks Fourth in Minor League Markets Study - Reading Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bloomington Extreme Stories
- Extreme Completes 4-Player Trade with Green Bay
- Kelly and Ficklin Named to 2011 All-IFL First Team, Extreme Announce Team Awards
- Extreme's Ficklin Receives 2011 IFL Defensive Player of the Year Award
- Extreme fall 39-34 in IFL Playoffs at Omaha in a Tightly Contested Battle
- Extreme will open 2011 IFL Playoffs at Omaha