Extreme re-signs Christofilakos
Bloomington Extreme indoor football coach Ted Schmitz announced the re-signing of place-kicker Peter Christofilakos on Thursday.
Christofilakos, a second-team all-United Indoor Football League selection last year, was released earlier this week by the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League. He saw action in two games for the Rattlers, converting 12 of 14 conversion kicks and booting a 35-yard FG.
Before signing with the Rattlers, Christofilakos played the first five games of the season with the Extreme. He converted 11 of 19 conversion kicks and two field goals, including a franchise record 51-yarder against RiverCity at U.S. Cellular Coliseum
Christofilakos, who has seen action in 20 of the Extreme's 21 games in franchise history, will be in uniform for Saturday's game against East Conference opponent Ohio Valley at 7:05 p.m. at U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
Schmitz also announced other roster and team developments Thursday. He said veteran offensive lineman Nick Ruud has been lost for the season because of a torn ACL in his knee. Ruud started 14 of 15 games last season and all six games this season.
The Extreme coach added that defensive lineman Quince Holman, who signed a contract with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats earlier this year, begins camp with the Tiger-Cats on May 25 and won't play in this week's game.
Schmitz also said wide receiver Ramon Barber has been released, so he can pursue an academic internship in Florida.
Tickets for all Extreme games are on sale at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum box office. Tickets also may be purchased by calling 309-434-2679; 866-891-9992 or going to the team web site at www.bloomingtonextreme.com or www.uscellularcoliseum.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Indoor Football Association message board...
United Indoor Football Association Stories from May 17, 2007
- Valentino's and Storm to Host Fundraiser for Big Brothers, Big Sisters - Sioux Falls Storm
- Extreme re-signs Christofilakos - Bloomington Extreme
- Ohio Valley (2-5) vs. Extreme (3-3) - Bloomington Extreme
- Three More Added to BlueCats Roster - Evansville BlueCats
- Ice Add Billingsley to the Fold - Colorado Crush
- Ice Melt in Second Straight Week - Colorado Crush
- Sioux Falls team looks to break professional football consecutive win streak - Sioux Falls Storm
- Two Greyhounds Players Achieve "UIF Player of the Week" Honors - Ohio Valley Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bloomington Extreme Stories
- Extreme Completes 4-Player Trade with Green Bay
- Kelly and Ficklin Named to 2011 All-IFL First Team, Extreme Announce Team Awards
- Extreme's Ficklin Receives 2011 IFL Defensive Player of the Year Award
- Extreme fall 39-34 in IFL Playoffs at Omaha in a Tightly Contested Battle
- Extreme will open 2011 IFL Playoffs at Omaha