Eskimos sign Georgia Bulldog DB
Edmonton, AB - With just days until the start of the 2003 training camp, the Edmonton Eskimos announced today the signing of former University of Georgia defensive back Brandon Williams.
Brandon started his collegiate career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Junior College where he played in 20 games in two seasons (1999-2000). As a sophomore, he was named second team Mississippi JuCo All-State. He transferred to the University of Georgia and began the 2001 campaign as one of the Bulldogs starting defensive backs. He recorded 3 tackles in 8 games.
University of Georgia
Born: October 22, 1980 - Pascagoula, Mississippi
Ht: 5-11 Wt: 180
Yrs Esks:1 Yrs CFL:1 Yrs Pro: 1
Acquired: Signed as a free agent May 21, 2003
College/Personal: Appeared in 20 games during two seasons (1999-2000)) at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. As a sophomore he earned second team Mississippi JuCo All-State honours. Transferred to University of Georgia and earned a starting spot in the Bulldogs lineup to open the 2001 season. Recorded 3 tackles in 8 games. Brandon helped Moss Point High School to three straight regional titles and the Class AAAAA state championships in 1996 and 1997.
Momentum builds as training camps open and CFL fans come together. Taste and feel the excitement of the Canadian Football League, as the season is just around the corner. The Canadian Football League operates in nine leading Canadian cities. Its teams compete annually for the Grey Cup, Canada's oldest professional League championship trophy. The 91st Grey Cup will be played in Regina on November 16, 2003.
The Edmonton Eskimos open their 2003 training camp Sunday, May 25th at Concordia University College of Alberta. Edmonton Eskimo 2003 season tickets are now available, ranging in price from $109 to $350. Call (780) 448-ESKS or 1-800-667-3757 to get yours today! For more information on the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club, please visit our web site at www.esks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 21, 2003
- Ottawa-Borm Renegades Lineman Mike Sutherland on CFL Internet Chat - Ottawa Renegades
- First Quarterback Club of Season Takes Place Thursday - Ottawa Renegades
- Legendary Eskimo Head Coach Frank 'Pop' Ivy dies - Edmonton Eskimos
- Eskimos name new head trainer - Edmonton Eskimos
- Roughrider Season Tickets Ready for Pickup - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Renegades Sign NFL Veteran Receiver Trevor Insley - Ottawa Renegades
- Seven of Nine Draft Picks in Als' Camp - Montreal Alouettes
- Clinton Wayne Extends Contract with Renegades - Ottawa Renegades
- Eskimos sign Georgia Bulldog DB - Edmonton Eskimos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.