El Paso Locomotive FC to Play with Limited Number of Fans in Attendance for First Time Since 2019
EL PASO, Texas - El Paso Locomotive FC announced today it will play with fans in attendance with limited capacity for its home match against Real Monarchs on Saturday, August 29. The match will also be televised live locally on El Paso - Las Cruces CW and nationally on ESPN+ at 7:30 p.m. MT.
"We are thrilled to welcome Locomotive fans back to Southwest University Park," stated MountainStar Sports Group President, Alan Ledford. "While state and local directives have allowed fans to attend prior matches, we opted to wait until now to open the gates to guests. Our staff has worked diligently and in conjunction with local community and health authorities to create a plan for a safe and healthy environment in which to welcome our fans back. This hint of normalcy is welcome progress during this challenging time."
The safety of fans, players and staff remains the club's top priority. Strict safety protocols will be implemented to ensure a safe environment for everyone in attendance, including but not limited to:
Masks are required at all times - no exceptions.
COVID-19 screening prior to entering the stadium.
Southwest University Park will be opened for an estimated 800 fans (approximately 11% of capacity).
12-foot social distancing.
Hand sanitizing stations located throughout Southwest University Park as well as new and more extensive in-game sanitation protocols.
To view the full safety guidelines, visit eplocomotivefc.com/covid19policies.
Tickets to Locomotive FC home games will be made available first to Season Ticket Members and next to those on the team's ticket waiting list. Those wishing to gain priority access for tickets to upcoming Locomotive FC home matches can do so by securing their Season Seats or signing up for the waiting list at eplocomotivefc.com/tickets.
Fans unable to attend may still support El Paso Locomotive FC from home via the Cutout Conductor program while watching the game on El Paso - Las Cruces CW channels 13 (Spectrum), 388 (Comcast), 8 (DirecTV), 17 (Dish), 19 (AT&T) and ESPN+. To purchase or to get more information on Cutout Conductors, visit eplocomotivefc.com/cutoutconductors.
Follow El Paso Locomotive FC as it takes on Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC, tomorrow, Saturday, August 22. Kickoff from Weidner Field in Colorado Springs is set for 6:00 p.m. MT and will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 21, 2020
- PITvSTL: Match Preview - Saint Louis FC
- Fans No Longer Permitted Due to Revised Health Guidelines - Saint Louis FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC to Play with Limited Number of Fans in Attendance for First Time Since 2019 - El Paso Locomotive FC
- FC Tulsa Introduces Saturday 4-Match Plan - FC Tulsa
- FC Tulsa Focused on Securing First Three-Match Road Win Streak in Club History - FC Tulsa
- Rising takes on Vegas this Saturday at 7:30 PM on CW61 Arizona & ESPN+ - Phoenix Rising FC
- Real Monarchs Face New Mexico United on Saturday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Defending USL Regular Season Champions Phoenix Rising FC Travel to Cashman Field for Critical Group B Match-Up - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Match Notes - SAFC vs. FC Tulsa 8.22.20 - San Antonio FC
- San Antonio FC Mutually Agrees to Part Ways with Midfielder Jesus Enriquez and Forward Preston Tabort Etaka - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces Shop for a Cause Community Program - Hartford Athletic
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- Preview: RGV FC Host Austin Bold - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Republic FC's On Target Fundraiser to Donate Up $4,000 During Remaining Home Games to Local Non-Profits - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- Locomotive FC Down Regional Rivals New Mexico to Reach Second Consecutive Western Conference Final
- El Paso Locomotive FC Dominates FC Tulsa in Penalty Shootout
- El Paso Locomotive FC Western Conference Quarterfinal at Southwest University Park Sells Out
- El Paso Locomotive FC to Kickoff Second Consecutive Playoff Run at Southwest University Park
- El Paso Locomotive FC Claims Group C with 4-0 Win over Real Monarchs