ECHL Announces Rescheduling of 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic
August 6, 2020 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL Board of Governors has elected to move the 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic, originally scheduled for Jan. 18, 2021 in Jacksonville, Florida. The Jacksonville Icemen were unanimously awarded the event by the Board of Governors for the 2021-22 Season, to be played in January 2022.
"We want Jacksonville to be the best All-Star Game in ECHL history and did not want the COVID pandemic to effect its success. We are excited that this opportunity allows us to put our best skate forward and showcase Jacksonville to the entire hockey world in 2022," said Bob Ohrablo, President of the Jacksonville Icemen. "We want to thank the ECHL, its Board of Governors, the City of Jacksonville and ASM (operators of the Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena)."
Details surrounding the 2022 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic presented by the City of Jacksonville, including the date, will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 6, 2020
- John Edwardh Signs Deal to Return to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- K-Wings Sign St. Cloud State Defenseman Kuster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Bring Back Blueliner Derek Pratt - Kansas City Mavericks
- Spinozzi Defends The Pond Again - Toledo Walleye
- South Carolina Re-Signs Defender Jesse Lees - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Rescheduling of 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Rescheduling of 2021 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic - Jacksonville IceMen
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Defenseman Myles McGurty and Forward Tyler Poulsen for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- Cuddemi Earns AHL Contract with Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.