Early Washington Onslaught Too Much for Gateway
SAUGET, Ill. - The Washington Wild Things scored 10 runs in the first two innings and the Gateway Grizzlies were unable to mount a comeback in a 19-10 loss Tuesday night at GCS Credit Union Ballpark.
Gateway (13-16) scored four runs in the fourth inning and five in the sixth to close the deficit to 14-9, but Washington (19-9) scored five more runs in the seventh to pull away.
Blake Brown homered for the second straight game - his fourth big fly of the season - with a three-run shot as part of a 3-for-5 night. Justin Ellison launched a three-run homer of his own, his third home run in five home games with Gateway. Ellison was 3-for-4 with a walk. Joel McKeithan added a two-run round-tripper, his third of the year.
Dakota Smith (2-2) took the loss for the Grizzlies.
Cody Livesay and Trae Santos pitched in with two hits apiece.
Gateway and Washington will play a day game Wednesday at 11:35 a.m.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Normal Falls 8-4 to Lake Erie - Normal CornBelters
- Beach Bums Swept in Doubleheader by Rascals - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Florence Sweeps Twin Bill with Bolts to Begin Homestand - Florence Freedom
- Otters Bested by Boomers to Even Series - Evansville Otters
- Miners Halted by Slammers in Wednesday Loss - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Slash Past Otters - Schaumburg Boomers
- ThunderBolts Suffer Doubleheader Sweep - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Wild Things Win Ninth Straight - Washington Wild Things
- Grizzlies Drop Wild Day Game - Gateway Grizzlies
- Freedom Return Home for Important 9-Game Homestand - Florence Freedom
- Early Washington Onslaught Too Much for Gateway - Gateway Grizzlies
- Wild Things Win 8th Straight, Take Opener in Sauget 19-10 - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.