Dust Devils Win Season Finale
The Tri-City Dust Devils (15-23, 34-42) rallied to defeat the Vancouver Canadians (13-23, 29-45) in the last game of the season 6-3. With a crowd of 2,701 at Gesa Stadium the Dust Devils set a new regular season attendance record of 86,886.
Tri-City starter Elier Sanchez ran into trouble early. The Canadians scored three runs in the first inning to take the lead, but it didn't take long for the Dust Devils to bounce back. Tri-City brought home two runs in the first inning and plated an additional two runs in the second inning to take the lead.
After faltering in the first inning, Sanchez and the bullpen kept Vancouver scoreless for the final eight innings of the game. The Dust Devils scored two additional insurance runs in the seventh inning to put the game further out of reach for the Canadians.
Both Buddy Reed and Nate Easley finished the game with a pair of hits and two runs scored. Sanchez earned his first win with Tri-City and Jesse Scholtens picked up his fourth save of the season.
The Dust Devils will be back in action to begin the 2017 season in June. For information on season tickets and mini-plan packages call the team's front office at (509) 544-8789.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 6, 2016
- Bowers Collects Final NWL Player of the Week Award - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Ems Continue Their Hunt for a Title - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Prep for Playoffs with Eugene Sweep - Hillsboro Hops
- Dust Devils Win Season Finale - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Three Volcanoes Named to End-Of-Year All-Star Team - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.