Dust Devils Fall to Indians in Finale
For the fourth year in a row the Tri-City Dust Devils set a single season attendance record. On the season finale Sunday night a sellout crowd of 3,719 entered the gates of Gesa Stadium to take in a contest between rivals Tri-City and Spokane and in the process became part of Dust Devils history, as they were included in the record-setting 84,921 fans that supported the Dust Devils in 2010.
The Dust Devils (13-25) fell short on the field Sunday night against the Indians (21-17) in what would be a quick affair, as they would eventually fall 3-1.
Tri-City fell behind quickly as they were down 2-0 until a small rally in the eighth would pull the game within one going into the ninth inning. However, a Spokane insurance run in the top of the ninth would stop Tri-City's momentum and the Dust Devils would end their season with a 1-2-3 bottom of the ninth.
The 2010 season is over but it is never too early to think about buying season tickets or mini-plans. Ticket packages are available at the Dust Devils' office at Gesa Stadium or by phone at (509) 544-8789.
Dust Devils Baseball... "Cooler than Ever!"
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 5, 2010
- Dust Devils Fall to Indians in Finale - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Huge Second, Great Outing from Gutierrez Leads Bears to 9-2 Win - Yakima Bears
- Hawks Fall 9-2 - Boise Hawks
- C's Stumble Into Playoffs After 4-0 Loss To Aquasox - Vancouver Canadians
- Rough Start Dooms Dust Devils - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Yakima beats Boise - Boise Hawks
- Sams, Sharpley Lead Sox in Rout - Everett AquaSox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.