Drive Acquire Kevin Murphy
GRAND RAPIDS, MICH - The Grand Rapids Drive, the NBA Development League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons announced today that the team has acquired returning rights player Kevin Murphy.
Murphy, the 6-foot-6, 185-pound guard from Tennessee Tech was selected with the 47th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Utah Jazz. After spending time between the NBA, NBA Development League, and overseas, Murphy joined the Drive in a trade deal with the Idaho Stampede in exchange for Brandon Fields in February of the 2014-15 inaugural season. Murphy finished the season with the Drive and averaged 14.6 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 1.8 assists in 16 games played (2 starts). He spent the 2015-16 he signed with the Hitachi SunRockers of the Japan Basketball League and on September 8, 2016, Murphy signed with the Orlando Magic but was later waived on October 16 after appearing in two preseason games.
Murphy will wear jersey number 55 and will join the team for their two-game road trip when they first take on the Canton Charge tomorrow Friday, Nov. 18 and then on Sunday, Nov. 20 against the Maine Red Claws.
Next home game is Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 7 PM when the Drive host the Iowa Energy.
Paul Graham III was waived from the Grand Rapids Drive. While with the Drive, Graham appeared in one (1) game, scoring 1 point, 1 rebound, and 3 assists in 5:35 min. Paul Graham III was a selected from the 2016 local Grand Rapids tryout.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 17, 2016
- Austin Spurs Defeat Reno Bighorns 106-97 - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Drop First Road Game to Blue - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Acquire Kevin Murphy - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Game Notes - Game #3 vs. Rio Grande Valley - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Erie BayHawks Partner with Erie County Department of Health - Erie BayHawks
- Westchester Knicks to Open 2016-17 Season at Westchester County - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Outlast the Energy - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Bulls Hold off Late Surge to Beat Drive
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown to Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive, Modern Woodmen Host Veterans Night Game
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson and Khyri Thomas from Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive Fall 115-113 in Greensboro