Drive Acquire Joe Kilgore from Player Pool
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Drive, the official NBA G League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, announced today that the team has acquired Joe Kilgore from the available player pool.
Kilgore, the 6-foot-5, 180-pound Texas A&M guard had a career of 122 games (64 starts), averaging 9.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists in 24.8 min per game in his four-year collegiate career. After going undrafted in the 2018 NBA Draft, Kilgore was selected by the Windy City Bulls with the 12th overall pick in 2018 NBA G League Draft. While with the Bulls, Kilgore appeared in 18 contests, averaging 7.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 22.4 minutes per game.
While with the Drive, Kilgore will wear jersey number 3 and will be join the team at the 2018 NBA G League Winter Showcase in Las Vegas later this week.
In a related move, Grand Rapids has waived Scottie Lindsey due to a season-ending injury but will retain Lindsey's rights moving forward.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 18, 2018
- Capital City's Howard Suspended - G League
- Knicks Draw Iowa in First Test at 2018 G League Showcase - Westchester Knicks
- Stockton Kings Tip-Off 1st Annual Season of Doing Good - Stockton Kings
- Hustle Hit Vegas for MGM Resorts NBA G League Winter Showcase - Memphis Hustle
- Drive Acquire Joe Kilgore from Player Pool - Grand Rapids Drive
- Northern Arizona Suns Activate Hollis Thompson - Northern Arizona Suns
- Windy City Bulls Acquire Dikembe Dixson - Windy City Bulls
- Craig Campbell and Colton Dixon Announced as Postgame Performers for Country Night and Faith and Family Day - Iowa Wolves
- Skyforce Skid Continues in Loss to Wolves - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.