Drillers to honor West Brook soccer team May 20
The tragedy that occurred on March 29 involving the West Brook Lady Bruins soccer team came a surprise to everyone in Southeast Texas.
The Beaumont Drillers have teamed up with Uniqgraphs to honor the memory of Alicia Bonura and Ashley Brown during halftime of the upcoming home game on May 20 against the Katy Copperheads at 7:05 p.m. inside Ford Arena.
At halftime the Drillers will present to both the Bonura and Brown families along with the Lady Bruin soccer team, two commemorative soccer balls. Uniqgraphs sold each section of the soccer ball to a sponsor and all proceeds will be donated to the West Brook Lady Bruin soccer team.
The Beaumont Drillers will then unveil a banner that will hang inside Ford Arena. On the banner will include two soccer balls with both Alicia's and Ashley's jersey numbers as well as all other Lady Bruin soccer players' names.
"It's only fitting for the Beaumont Drillers to do something in light of this tragedy," said Driller general manager Jeremy Raley. "Most of our players are from Southeast Texas and we are truly saddened as our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to all in the West Brook community."
Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. this Saturday as the Drillers host the Twin City Gators of Monroe, La., at Ford Arena.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from April 5, 2006
- Rage now ready for Shark fight Saturday - RiverCity Rage
- Home opener - Arkansas Stars
- Drillers to honor West Brook soccer team May 20 - Beaumont Drillers
- Stars Home Debut A Success From A Fan's Point of View - Arkansas Stars
- Clarence Clemons, Famed Saxophonist, to Perform at NIFL Phantoms' Inaugural Home Game - Palm Beach Phantoms
- Phantoms Strengthen Roster, Sign New Players - Palm Beach Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.