Dogs Come out of Flint with 6-4 Win
Your Niagara IceDogs were in Flint tonight to take on the Firebirds for the first time, and only, time this season. The IceDogs came into tonight's game riding a 3-game win streak after big wins against Ottawa, Mississauga and Erie. Tonight marked the 150th regular season game IceDogs Assistant Captain, Ben Jones has played in his OHL career!
The 'Dogs got off to a hot early start, when, two minutes into the game, Danial Singer extended his 5-game point streak, and scoring his 9th goal of the season! Ben Jones also extended his 3-game point streak with an assist on Singers' goal; captain Johnny Corneil was credited with the secondary assist. The Firebirds came back to even the score at 1 midway through the first period. Despite having started the 2nd period on a powerplay, the 'Dogs 2nd period offensive success continued. Nearing the midway point of the period, Bradey Johnson fed Philip Tomasino the puck who made a great no-look pass to Matthew Philip who scored on the one-timer from a knee to take a one-goal lead! Akil Thomas extended the 'Dogs lead to two after a high puck bounced off his jersey logo and into the net! Billy Constantinou picked up his 3rd assist of the season on Thomas' goal. Then, Danial Singer went five-hole on the rush to score his 2nd goal of the game! Johnny Corneil picked up his 2nd point of the game with an assist on Singer's 4-1 marker! Bradey Johnson's hot streak continued, as he scored his 5th goal in 3 games as he was falling to his knees just in front of the Firebirds' net! Billy Constantinou, who picked up his 2nd point of the period, and Matthew Philip were credited with the assists on Bradey's sixth of the season. With a minute and a half to go in the 3rd period, Kirill Maksimov went to the box, but Kyle Langdon (PK extraordinaire) and Bradey Johnson more than made up for the call. After being sprung on a shorthanded 2 on 1, Langer made a pass to Bradey, who scored his second of the 2nd period to extend our lead to 5!
Halfway through the third period, the Firebirds scored three times to cut our lead to 2. The 'Dogs held on to this one to take it 6-4.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2017
- At Perani's Hockey World: Meet Toronto Maple Leafs' NHL Draft Pick Fedor Gordeev & Nikita Alexandrov - Flint Firebirds
- OSEG Media Schedule: December 11-18, 2017 | Calendrier Pour M=C3=A9dias: 11-18 D=C3=A9cembre 2017 - Ottawa 67's
- Bulldogs Feast on Steelheads - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weather the Teddy Bears, Down 67's in SO - Ottawa 67's
- Offensive Outburst Lifts Rangers to Royal Win in Guelph - Kitchener Rangers
- Firebirds Rally Back for Three Straight Goals to Tie, Fall 5-4 in Owen Sound Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Bulldogs Snag Steelheads 5-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- GAME RECAP: Dogs Fall to Spirit 3-1 - Niagara IceDogs
- Rangers Rally for 3-2 OT Win Versus Otters - Kitchener Rangers
- Cavallin Picks up First-Career OHL Victory as Firebirds Earn Second Win in Three Games - Flint Firebirds
- 67's Shut out by Soo to Wrap up Weekend - Ottawa 67's
- Firebirds' Three-Goal Third Period Not Enough in "Teddy Bear Toss" Defeat Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Dogs Come out of Flint with 6-4 Win - Niagara IceDogs
- Peric's Late Goal Snaps Skid, Gives 67's Win in Front of National Audience - Ottawa 67's
- Preview: Firebirds Host the Niagara IceDogs Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Firebirds Earn Second Consecutive Victory over Hamilton with 4-3 Win. - Flint Firebirds
- Groundhog Day Suits Rangers Just Fine After Repeat Win over Attack - Kitchener Rangers
- Bulldogs Drop 4-3 Overtime Decision in Flint - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.