Detroit Fury Trade Quarterback
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -The Detroit Fury of the Arena Football League have traded quarterback Ken Mastrole to the Dallas Desperados for future considerations. The Fury have also released Zac Derr (K), David Dinkins (FB/LB), Reggie Hargrove (OL/DL) and Bashir Yamini (OS/WR/LB).
Mastrole, who returned to training camp with the Fury in 2003, was traded to the Dallas Desperados for future considerations. Mastrole served as the Fury's emergency quarterback in 2003 and spent the summer in arenafootball2 learning the game of Arena Football. With the trade, the Fury now have two quarterbacks on their roster, Andy Kelly and Billy Dicken.
"With the injury to Jim Kubiak in Dallas, we had the opportunity to give Kenny a chance to go down there and compete for the starting job," said Fury Head Coach Tom Luginbill. "We are very happy for him and wish him the best. Both he and Billy Dicken did an outstanding job in training camp and now both players have earned themselves a spot on a roster."
The Fury released Zac Derr (K), David Dinkins (FB/LB), Reggie Hargrove (OL/DL) and Bashir Yamini (OS/WR/LB).
"As with every year, we have to make tough decisions at the end of training camp," said Luginbill. "More importantly, we have to make those decisions based upon the player's production and how ready he will be to help us win our opening game. Letting guys go is the tough part of this business, but that is the nature of the beast in professional sports."
The Fury now have 27 players on their active training camp roster, but will have to cut that number to 24 before the end of the week.
The Fury return for their fourth season of Arena Football League action at The Palace of Auburn Hills on February 5th, when the Fury host the San Jose SabreCats. Season tickets for the Fury can be purchased by calling (248) 377-0100, and additional information can be found at www.detroitfury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from January 29, 2004
- Destroyers add five to active roster - Columbus Destroyers
- L.A. Avengers beat Colorado Crush, 47-35 - Los Angeles Avengers
- SaberCats opener televised live - San Jose SaberCats
- Predators season tickets top 9,000, single game tickets now on sale - Orlando Predators
- Season Ticket Pickup Party scheduled for Saturday - Orlando Predators
- Baron Primed For Season - Chicago Rush
- Detroit Fury Trade Quarterback - Detroit Fury
- Billy Payne joins Georgia Force Advisory Board - Georgia Force
- Cobras Announce Player Moves - Carolina Cobras
- Black & Blue Bash Tonight - Georgia Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.