Denver Outlaws to Face off against Chesapeake BayHawks in Regular-Season Finale on Friday Night
DENVER - The Denver Outlaws (9-6) will travel to Annapolis, Md., to face off against the Chesapeake Bayhawks (9-6) on Friday at 6 p.m. MDT in the team's final game of the regular season. Denver has already clinched a playoff berth, but will secure the No. 1 seed in the postseason with a win on Friday night.
The Outlaws will be without a number of roster mainstays in the game, including their four leading scorers, Ryan Lee (46 points), Chris Aslanian (42), John Grant Jr. (39) and Zach Currier (36). Second-year goalie Christian Knight is expected to make his first career start in relief of Dillon Ward, and second-year faceoff specialist Zack Melillo will replace Max Adler in the lineup.
Attackman Kohta Kurashima, who joined the team via open tryouts, was activated from the practice squad this week and is expected to make his Major League Lacrosse debut on Friday. He joins Outlaws goalie Kai Iwamoto as the only two Japanese-born players to appear in an MLL game.
Friday's game will be broadcast live on Lax Sports Network and MajorLeagueLacrosse.com/watch.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from September 19, 2019
- BayHawks Host Outlaws on School Pride Night for Regular Season Finale - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Denver Outlaws to Face off against Chesapeake BayHawks in Regular-Season Finale on Friday Night - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- John Grant Jr. Joins Johns Hopkins
- Denver's Faceoff Specialist Max Adler Wins Aryse Faceoff Specialist of the Year
- Outlaws' Ryan Lee Wins MLL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- Outlaws Draft Picks out of Army, Are Approved to Play this Season
- Denver Outlaws Release Updated 2020 Season Schedule