Denver Outlaws Select Gabriela Windey With Honorary Pick
DENVER - The 2020 Major League Lacrosse (MLL) Collegiate Draft presented by Cascade honors those leading the fight against COVID-19. Each MLL team is awarded an honorary ninth-round pick in the draft, and the Denver Outlaws select Gabriela Windey (Gabby) with the pick.
Gabby is an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) nurse at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, Colo. She has been a registered nurse for seven years.
Gabby, also a sports fan, says that the long-awaited return of sports is helping her get through this time. She is a former Denver Outlaws Dancer, currently cheers for the Denver Broncos, and is amazed at the support from the sports community.
"I've had so many organizations, like the MLL, reach out and be truly interested in telling our story as health care workers working during the pandemic. I am so grateful to be part of this community and it's what makes Denver so special" mentions Gabby.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from May 4, 2020
- 2020 MLL Draft Results Announced - MLL
- Denver Outlaws Make Nine Selections in 2020 MLL Draft - MLL
- MLL Announces Inaugural Honorary Draft Selections - MLL
- Denver Outlaws Select Gabriela Windey With Honorary Pick - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Select Gabriela Windey With Honorary Pick
- Denver Outlaws Announce 2020 Schedule
- Denver Outlaws Name Matt Bocklet as Team President
- From Singapore to Denver: Tim Barber's Journey to Professional Lacrosse
- Breaking Barriers: How Kai Iwamoto Became the First MLL Player from Japan