Denver Outlaws Lose 12-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks Despite Record-Breaking Performance from Max Adler
DENVER - The Denver Outlaws (6-4) dropped their third consecutive game in a 12-9 loss to the Chesapeake Bayhawks (7-3) on Saturday in Annapolis, Md. In the loss, faceoff specialist Max Adler broke Denver's single-game faceoff record (Tom Kelly, 89.3%; 7/23/17) by winning 23-of-24 faceoffs (95.8%).
Rookie attackmen Chris Aslanian (1 goal, 2 assists) and Kyle Marr (1 goal, 2 assists) led the Outlaws in scoring with three points apiece. Adler paced the Outlaws with nine ground balls and goalie Dillon Ward made 13 saves on 25 shots on goal.
Denver opened up a quick 2-0 lead, but conceded a subsequent 9-0 Chesapeake scoring run that tracked until the halftime break. The Outlaws made it a 10-6 game heading into the fourth quarter, but ultimately saw their comeback fall short.
Denver will be back on the road next Saturday when it takes on the Dallas Rattlers in Frisco, Texas (6 p.m. MDT faceoff).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from August 10, 2019
- Thompson Totals Five Points on Native American Celebration Night as First-Place BayHawks Beat Outlaws, 12-9 - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Blaze Use a Team Effort to Outlast Boston - Atlanta Blaze
- Four Rattlers Record Hat Trick in First Home Win - Dallas Rattlers
- Denver Outlaws Lose 12-9 to Chesapeake BayHawks Despite Record-Breaking Performance from Max Adler - Denver Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Outlaws Stories
- Denver Outlaws Announce 2020 Schedule
- Denver Outlaws Name Matt Bocklet as Team President
- From Singapore to Denver: Tim Barber's Journey to Professional Lacrosse
- Breaking Barriers: How Kai Iwamoto Became the First MLL Player from Japan
- MLL Spotlight: John Grant Jr.