DeMartino Re-Signs With Thunder
October 9, 2002 - United States Professional Volleyball League (USPV) - Chicago Thunder News Release
OAKBROOK TERRACE, ILL., OCTOBER 9, 2002_ The Chicago Thunder today announced the signing of opposite hitter Cindy DeMartino (Cincinnati, Ohio, Clemson University).
DeMartino helped lead the Thunder to the 2002 USPV Championship Series, averaging 2.0 points, 1.4 kills, 0.5 blocks and 1.3 digs per game.
DeMartino ranked seventh in the league in blocks per game and also was rated the leagues most proficient server (+4) in the playoffs.
DeMartino, one of six founding United States Professional Volleyball (USPV) athletes, Is the only volleyball athletes in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference to be named an all-american.
The Thunder opens its second season in January, playing an expanded, weekend-weighted schedule.
• Discuss this story on the United States Professional Volleyball League message board...
United States Professional Volleyball League Stories from October 9, 2002
- Soebbing Promoted to Quest Director of Group Sales - St. Louis Quest
- DeMartino Re-Signs With Thunder - Chicago Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Thunder Stories
- Thunder Re-Signs Radovic
- Former Mother McAuley Star Katie Schumacher Coming Home To Play for Thunder
- Former University Of Pacific Standout Shinn-Hardcastle Signs With Thunder
- Thunder Signs Two-Time All-American Puikkonen
- Former Benet Academy Standout Boylan Coming Home