Defender Eder Borelli, Forward Leandro Carrijo Return for 2021 Season
EL PASO, Texas - El Paso Locomotive FC announced its continuing partnership with Borderplex sister club, FC Juarez, welcoming Defender Eder Borelli and Forward Leandro Carrijo for the 2021 season, pending league and federation approval.
"We enjoyed having Leandro and Eder with us in 2020," shared Head Coach and Technical Director Mark Lowry. "Their attitude and willingness to come in and integrate with the group and our work ethic was fantastic. They are open-minded to learning new concepts and approaches to the game and they were both big parts of our playoff run to our second Western Conference final in two years."
Borelli, 29, continues into his second year with El Paso after making the jump from FC Juarez in early July just before the return to play from the temporary suspension of the 2020 season. Since adapting to Head Coach Mark Lowry's system, Borelli fit into the Starting XI after Andrew Fox picked up a knee injury. Through to the end of the season, Borelli came in big making key defensive stops and winning 59% of his duels. His work-ethic and end-to-end play as a right-back did not go unnoticed, as the Locomotive fans rewarded Borelli with the Locos Defender of the Year accolade in addition to Club Goal of the Year.
Carrijo, 35, enters his second year under the Locomotive banner, after making an incredible impact when it counted in the Western Conference Quarterfinals against FC Tulsa. The FC Juarez goal-scoring star tallied his first two goals in a Locomotive jersey against Tulsa to help send the game into a penalty shootout that ultimately continued El Paso's historic playoff run. The Brazilian striker scored two goals and one assist behind five key passes to showcase his work rate that helped lift Locomotive to a second straight Western Conference Final appearance.
El Paso Locomotive is currently working on additional player announcements for the 2021 season and will announce the renewals and new signings once they are confirmed.
El Paso Locomotive FC returns to action for its third season in the USL Championship in 2021! Lock in your seats by visiting eplocomotivefc.com/seasontickets or calling/texting 915-235-GOAL and enjoy world-class Championship soccer at Southwest University Park!
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 23, 2020
- Returning for 2021: Diaz's Calming Presence Anchors the Defense - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC to Celebrate Giving Season with Winter Wishlist Benefiting Students & Families in Need - Sacramento Republic FC
- Around the Leagues: Jam Packed Weekend Full of Football - Sacramento Republic FC
- Defender Eder Borelli, Forward Leandro Carrijo Return for 2021 Season - El Paso Locomotive FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- Haitian International Mechack Jerome Returns for Third Season with El Paso Locomotive
- Defender Matt Bahner Returns to El Paso Locomotive for 2021 USL Championship Season
- El Paso Locomotive Youth Soccer Club Expands Front Office Adding Michael Balogun and Ana Guevara
- El Paso Locomotive FC Inks Record-Setting Phoenix Rising Midfielder Jose Aguinaga
- El Paso Locomotive FC Adds Forward Aidan Apodaca to 2021 Season Roster