Danger to Host Reigning IFL Champions Iowa
GRAND ISLAND - For the second-straight game, the Nebraska Danger is playing host to an undefeated team fresh off a bye week inside the Heartland Events Center, and this time around it's against the defending IFL champion Iowa Barnstormers.
Iowa has picked up where it left off last season, carding a 53-39 win over Quad City to start the season, then completely shutting down Green Bay in a dominant 41-3 win.
The Danger hasn't had as fortunate of a start to the year. After pulling away from Bismarck in a season-opening win. Since then, it's been followed up with a heartbreaking one-point loss to Green Bay and a not-so-close defeat to IFL power Sioux Falls.
The one shining star the Danger through three games is quarterback Tommy Armstrong. The former Husker accounted for all five of the Nebraska Danger touchdowns against Sioux Falls and has proven a tall task for opposing defenses all season long.
Iowa is led by Daquan Neal, who is third in the league in passing yards per game and 5th in passing TD's on the year. Part of the reason for Neal's success is wide receiver Ryan Balentine, who leads the IFL with 86 yards receiving per game.
Kickoff on Tackle Cancer Night is set for 7 p.m. in the Heartland Events Center in Grand Island.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 21, 2019
- Cedar Rapids River Kings Offer Junior Dance Clinic - Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Danger to Host Reigning IFL Champions Iowa - Nebraska Danger
- Week 5 Preview: Blizzard Travel to San Diego - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nebraska Danger Stories
- Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay
- Greg Dent Jr. Hauls in 3 TD's, Tabbed Nebraska Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Head to Green Bay for Rematch
- Eric Thomas Breaks Loose for 4 TD's, Named Danger Player of the Week
- Danger Look to Even Record against Sugar Skulls