Danbury Thashers announce local radio and tv agreement
DANBURY, CT-The Danbury Trashers, proud members of the United Hockey League, have reached agreements on broadcasting partnerships with 940 AM / 1510AM ESPN Radio and Comcast Television, it was announced by Team President A.J. Galante.
All 2005-06 regular season and playoff games will be broadcast live in the Danbury and Putnam area on Cumulus owned stations WINE 940 AM and WPUT 1510AM, which has recently switched to the all-sports ESPN Radio format. This is the first time that Trashers games will be heard on traditional airwaves, as all games were exclusively broadcast via Internet last season. The team will also continue their promotional partnership with Cumulus owned 95.1 FM WRKI.
Entering the TV market for the first time, the Danbury Trashers currently have promotional spots featured on ESPN's Sunday Night Football as well as a number of other networks across the Comcast Cable foothold in the Danbury, Putnam and Newtown regions. In addition, a number of selected Trashers home games will be broadcast locally on Comcast Cable via tape delay.
Also returning this season is the hugely popular live video streaming of all Trashers home and away games courtesy of B2 Networks. The streaming broadband video will be available for live viewing for $6.00 a game. Free live audio streaming of all games will also be available at the team's official website, www.danburytrashers.com.
Phil Giubileo returns for his second season as "The Voice of the Trashers". The Bronx, New York native and Fordham University graduate has previously been behind the microphone for the St. Louis Heartland Eagles (USHL), River City Rascals (Frontier League) and the Fordham University Rams (NCAA).
The Danbury Trashers will open their second season in the United Hockey League on October 21st in Port Huron, with the home opener scheduled for Friday October 28th against Elmira at the Danbury Ice Arena starting at 7:30pm. A complete schedule is available online at www.danburytrashers.com.
Season Tickets and Flex Plans are currently available by calling 866-565-PUCK
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from September 28, 2005
- Icehogs add more depth to the offense with Yetman - Rockford IceHogs
- Kean returns to Komets fold - Fort Wayne Komets
- Danbury Thashers announce local radio and tv agreement - Danbury Trashers
- The Fury sign Angel, Pomaranski and Rathjen - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Frostbite once again Team up with WCKM - Adirondack Frostbite
- Mechanics sign local goaltender - Motor City Mechanics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danbury Trashers Stories
- Final week to get Trashers merchandise, team shop to close
- Trashers add four players in dispersal draft
- K-Zoo defeats Trashers 2-1 to take 3-1 Colonial Cup finals lead
- Karlander's two-goal night lifts Kalamazoo to 2-1 series lead
- Trashers split first two games of Colonial Cup Finals