Dallas Sidekicks remain undefeated at 4-0, two hat tricks scored in 10-3 win at Texas Strikers
BEAUMONT, TX - The Dallas Sidekicks have soared to 4-0 on the season, defeating the Texas Strikers 10-3 Saturday night. Franck Mbemba and Shaun David each scored a hat trick-last accomplished by the team in 1999 by Head Coach Tatu and current midfielder Shamu.
Mbemba has scored six goals in four games, moving him to the top of the team in both points and goals scored. Goaltender Sagu has moved to 4-0 on the season with three saves during the game. The Sidekicks took a season high 48 shots.
The Sidekicks began the fourth quarter with a comfortable 8-2 lead. Texas' Everton Pinnock added some pressure with a goal at 5:21, but Michael Uremovich struck back a few minutes later to get his second of the night at 9:18. David completed his hat trick soon after, finishing out the scoring for the game at 10:25.
Scoring in the third quarter began when a shot from Texas defender Adrian Ramirez made its way past Sidekicks goaltender Sagu at 3:38. A few minutes later, Mbemba secured the first Sidekicks hat-trick of the season at 5:13. Renato Pereira earned the assist. The last Sidekicks hat trick was scored on March 10, 2004 at Monterrey by Martin Nash (brother of former Dallas Maverick Steve Nash).
The Sidekicks took a season-high 11 shots on goal in the second quarter, and managed to capitalize on five of them. Uremovich struck first, getting his second goal of the season just 2:35 in. A few minutes later, Pereira was called for a foul from behind and was sent to the box. Being one man down did not stop the Sidekicks' assault, Mbemba scoring the team's second shorthanded goal of the season at 4:41. David put the Sidekicks up 5-1 at 6:16, and three minutes later Jamie Lovegrove sailed his second of the game past Texas goaltender Cory Speed. Shortly after, the Sidekicks went up 7-1 when David scored his second at 10:37. Kiley Couch was credited with his fourth assist in four games.
Mbemba opened up scoring in the first quarter, forcing in a goal from a restart at 6:49. Lovegrove was the next to strike, getting his third goal of the season at 8:00. Texas struck back just 22 seconds later, Jose Olabarrieta getting it past Sagu to make it 2-1. This was the only first quarter goal the Sidekicks have allowed so far this season.
The Sidekicks will take on the Texas Strikers again in their next match on Saturday, December 15 at 7:00 p.m. at the Allen Event Center.
Individual and season tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster or the team website. For more information, visit www.dallassidekicks.net or call 214-550-6130. Follow the team on Twitter @GoSidekicks or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GoSidekicks.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from December 1, 2012
- Chiles' Torrid Tear Continues, Sockers Beat Tacoma 15-5 for 42nd Straight - San Diego Sockers
- Dallas Sidekicks remain undefeated at 4-0, two hat tricks scored in 10-3 win at Texas Strikers - Dallas Sidekicks
- Dallas Sidekicks 4-0 on season, two hat tricks scored in 10-3 win at Texas Strikers - Dallas Sidekicks
- San Diego Sockers Game Notes - San Diego Sockers
- Dallas Sidekicks remain undefeated with 7-3 win over Rio Grande Valley - Dallas Sidekicks
- Bolts Fall 13-12 to Turlock in Overtime Thriller - Anaheim Bolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Sidekicks Stories
- Dallas Sidekicks to Host Free Preseason Game November 18th
- Dallas Sidekicks Announce Signing of Fan Favorite
- Prominent Players Return to Dallas Sidekicks 2018-2019 Roster
- Dallas Sidekicks Sign Former MLS Star
- Dallas Sidekicks Falls to Chicago Mustangs Sunday Afternoon