Dallas Completes Two-Game Set in Connecticut
Uncasville, Connecticut - The Dallas Wings (5-2) look to sweep the two-game set at the Connecticut Sun (4-2) on Thursday, May 26, at 6 p.m. CT on Bally Sports Southwest Extra.
After scoring just nine points in the third quarter in the season opener, Dallas has continued to come out of the locker room hot. The Wings have averaged 24.7 points in the third quarter since (most in the WNBA in a team's last six games)and have been outscoring opponents by more than five points in the second half's opening frame.
A major part of the second half surge has been the production of guards Marina Mabrey and Allisha Gray. Mabrey, the only Dallas player to reach double-figures in every single game this season, is averaging 7.3 points in the third quarter over the last three games (second best in the WNBA). Gray is right behind her with 6.3 points per third quarter in that span (third in the WNBA).
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 25, 2022
- Mercury Sign Karlie Samuelson to Hardship Contract - Phoenix Mercury
- Dallas Completes Two-Game Set in Connecticut - Dallas Wings
- Connecticut Sun Injury Report - Connecticut Sun
- Indiana Fever Make Coaching Change - Indiana Fever
- Sky Escape with Home Win against Fever - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.