'Dads Win Fifth Straight
Crawdads Beat Dash 8-4 on Saturday Hickory, NC- The Crawdads took their fifth straight game from the Winston-Salem Dash by a score of 8-4 on Saturday night.
The Dash took a 1-0 lead in the first inning, but the Crawdads put together a rally in the home half of the frame to even the score. Alejandro Osuna walked to start things off. Evan Carter singled and took a hard turn around first, getting caught in a rundown. As the Dash were trying to track down Carter, Osuna, who had taken third on the single, slid into home to tie the game.
The Crawdads added two in the second to pull ahead. They loaded the bases on a Cristian Inoa single and walks by Cody Freeman and Randy Florentino. Alejandro Osuna hit a sacrifice fly to the warning track in left for the first run. Frainyer Chavez singled in Freeman to make it 3-1.
The 'Dads scored twice more in the third. Angel Aponte singled and came around to score on a double by Inoa. Freeman picked up a base hit to bring in Inoa. Florentino struck out but a wild pitch allowed him to reach and sent Freeman to third. Osuna poked a single through the right side of the infield and scored the Crawdads 6th run.
Winston-Salem tacked on two runs in the fifth and one in the seventh but still trailed 6-4.
The Crawdads pushed their lead back to three in the seventh with a run. Florentino drew a one-out walk and took second as Osuna struck out. Jayce Easley hit a soft liner to left that drove in Florentino.
In the eighth inning, the Crawdads bats struck again. Angel Aponte walked and Thomas Saggese singled to right, scoring Aponte.
Bradford Webb struck out three of the four batters he faced in the ninth to secure the 8-4 victory.
Tomorrow afternoon the Crawdads will go for the series sweep at 3pm. It is a Bark in the Park, presented by 3 Labs Property Inspection, and a Church Bulletin Sunday by Catawba Shoe Store.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 21, 2022
- Winston-Salem Bats Light up Hickory 10-8 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hudson Valley Scores 6 in the 10th to Beat Brooklyn - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Crawdads' Streak Snapped in 10-8 Loss - Hickory Crawdads
- Better Late than Never: Renegades Break Open Game in 10th - Hudson Valley Renegades
- BG Drops Series to Greenville with 9-4 Loss in Finale - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wilmington Breaks Scoreless Tie in Ninth; Tops Claws 2-1 - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Dash Fall Behind Early in 8-4 Loss - Winston-Salem Dash
- HVR Game Notes - August 21, 2022 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- 'Dads Win Fifth Straight - Hickory Crawdads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.