D.C. United to Play the Philadelphia Union on June 12 at Audi Field
Following the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round draw on May 30, D.C. United will host the Philadelphia Union on June 12 at 7 PM ET at Audi Field. The game will be live streamed on ESPN+.
Tickets for the match are on sale to the public. Tickets can be purchased HERE. For questions regarding tickets, text "TICKETS" to 202-655-2842 and a member of our team will reach out to assist you.
For media wishing to cover the match, please submit your accreditation requests HERE. Media with full-season media credentials for D.C. United can use their accreditation for access to the match. If media have any questions or requests, please contact Sam Legg ([email protected]).
It will be the fourth time in U.S. Open Cup history that D.C. United play the Philadelphia Union. The two teams have a 2-2-0 record in the competition with their last meeting coming on June 30, 2015; a 2-1 loss for the Black-and-Red. They first met in U.S. Open Cup action on April 6, 2011 when United won in a penalty shootout against the Union.
Since the Union joined MLS as an expansion team in 2010, United have a 8-11-4 record in MLS Regular Season play. The two teams have already met once this year when United played the Philadelphia Union in a preseason friendly on February 20, 2019.
The Black-and-Red have won the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times in club history. They first captured the trophy in the inaugural MLS Season in 1996 after beating the Rochester Rhinos 3-0. In 2008, D.C. United hoisted the domestic trophy once again when they beat the Charleston Battery 2-1. The Black-and-Red then lifted the 100th edition of the trophy in 2013 after a 1-0 win against Real Salt Lake.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 3, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 3, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ten Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United to Play the Philadelphia Union on June 12 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake MF Albert Rusnak Called in to Slovakian National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Forward Josef Martinez Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Toronto FC Sign U.S. International Omar Gonzalez - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati to Lead Queen City's Support of the FIFA Women's World Cup - FC Cincinnati
- Dynamo Defender A.J. DeLaGarza Named to Guam National Team - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati, Allegiant Announce Cornerstone Partnership - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, New England Revolution 2 - Sunday, June 2, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Revolution Defeat LA Galaxy, 2-1 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Begin Individual Workouts at Segra Field on Friday, May 29
- D.C. United and Sint-Truidense V.V. Complete Permanent Transfer for Chris Durkin
- D.C. United and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites
- Major League Soccer Extends Training Moratorium
- Club Statement: MLS Extends Postponement