D-backs send President and a Former All-Star to Yakima
The Yakima Bears will host Prostate Cancer Awareness Night during a 7:05 game against the Tri-City Dust Devils at Yakima County Stadium on Saturday. The event is sponsored by Washington Hematology-Oncology and will feature some special appearances and a fireworks extravaganza.
The Bears parent club, the Arizona Diamondbacks will be sending former Major League All-Star Luis Gonzalez to the game along with team President and CEO Derrick Hall. Gonzalez, whose 19-year Major League career was highlighted by a game-winning hit for the Diamondbacks in game seven of the 2001 World Series, will sign autographs on the concourse from 6:15 to 6:45 that evening. Hall, who has been team president since 2006, will speak to the audience before the game about his own battle with prostate cancer last year.
Following the game, there will be a fireworks show courtesy of the night's sponsor, Dr. Al Brady of Washington Hematology-Oncology.
Single game tickets are available at the downtown Bears office at 17 N. 3rd Street, Suite 101, by calling (509) 457-5151, and online at yakimabears.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Indians even three-game series - Boise Hawks
- Canadians Continue To Soar Out At Scotiabank Field - Vancouver Canadians
- D-backs send President and a Former All-Star to Yakima - Yakima Bears
- Vancouver draws season high ten walks off Eugene pitching staff in 8-2 win - Vancouver Canadians
- Early Lead Holds Up for Bears in Home Win - Yakima Bears
- Boise Hawks end three-game losing streak - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.