Cyclones lose a close one to Renegades 4-2
With the best power-play in the league, Pee Dee went powerless on it as they went 0-8 with the man advantage against Richmond. The Renegades scored 3 of their goals on powerplays and the fourth on a shorthanded marker. Pee Dee's Daryl Moore scored both of the Cyclones goals with Art Mnatsakanov getting assists on both goals. Newcomer Kevin Harris had an assist on the night and Jason Slusher got an assist as well. " Both goalies(Buss & Groenestege) had good games, we had a couple of bad bounces. We played good at times and looked awful at times... we just need to play 60 minutes of hockey" stated Head Coach Mark Richards.
The Cyclones are back home this weekend, Friday night against the Richmond Renegades and Saturday night against the Columbus Cottonmouths. Friday night is "Harvest Hope Night", bring in 4 canned foods and receive $2.00 off of your ticket. Saturday night is "Health Awareness Night", so come out to check your health with the professionals in health care.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2007
- Cyclones lose a close one to Renegades 4-2 - Twin City Cyclones
- Cyclones Add Depth At Defense - Twin City Cyclones
- Groenestege named Player of the Week - SPHL
- Havoc on Halfway High - SPHL
- Cyclones Announce Harvest Hope Food Bank Night - Twin City Cyclones
- FireAntz Announce Schedule Changes - Fayetteville Marksmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.