Jon Howdeshell ,number one quarterback in the Pacific South division of the NIFL in 2003, will return to play for the Oklahoma Crude this season. Howdeshell, originally from Bedford Texas and played college football at MaryHarding - Baylor University. He now makes his home in Enid.
Also returning to the team this year is local standout, Chris Mathis. Mathis played football for Enid High School and Northern Oklahoma College. This is his third year with the Crude. He is a Defensive Lineman.
Other returning local players include wide receiver Justin Wampler. Wampler is a Kremlin native and came to the Crude last year with only high school experience. He was a stand out receiver in several games last year. James Ranieri, kicker, was a two-time All American playing four years at Kansas Weslyan University. Ranieri from New York now makes his home in Garber, OK. Monty Spiller a Dallas Texas native will return for his third year with the Crude. Spiller is a defensive safety and played college football at Kansas State University under coach Bob Stoops. Spiller has played ball for the European League and the Tennessee Thunder Cats. He now makes his home in Enid and is a member of the Enid Police Force.
The Oklahoma Crude will have their final tryouts February 14th, 2004 at the Chisholm Trail Expo Center, Enid, OK. Training camp will begin a few days later. Head Coach Tim Stevens expects to announce several new players signing soon after the final tryouts.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from February 12, 2004
- Outlaws Ink Radio Deal; Re-Sign 2 Defensive Stars - Billings Outlaws
- Colorado Venom Ink Three - Colorado Venom
- Colorado Venom Add Five More to 2004 Roster - Colorado Venom
- Venom Add Three, Including Local High School Coaches - Colorado Venom
- Crude Report - Oklahoma Crude
- Storm to Host National Anthem Auditions - Sioux Falls Storm
- Dance Team Tryout This Sunday - Tupelo FireAnts
- Diesel Invite 8 into 2004 Camp - Tri-City Diesel
- Marshals add three more to their roster - The Marshals
- Two More Returnees Announced - Ohio Valley Greyhounds
- Crable Ready to Rock in 2004 - Fort Wayne Freedom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.