CornBelters Sign Michael Centeno for 2018 Season
NORMAL, Illinois - The CornBelters, presented by Illinois Corn Growers, have signed infielder Michael Centeno for the 2018 season. Centeno (5-9, 180, St. Thomas) will enter his first season as a member of the Frontier League in Normal.
He attended St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens, Florida where he earned 1st team All-Conference, Athletic All-American, and Academic All-American honors. During his 2017 season, Centeno led the St. Thomas Bobcats with 18 HR, 54 RBI, a batting average of .366 and an impressive .733 slugging percentage. Michael attended Miami Sunset High School in Miami, Florida. He was born on November 8, 1994.
ABOUT THE CORNBELTERS: The Normal CornBelters are a professional baseball team of the Frontier League located in Normal, Illinois, which is part of the Bloomington-Normal metropolitan area. They play their home games at The Corn Crib.
ABOUT THE FRONTIER LEAGUE: The Frontier League, based in Sauget, Illinois, is a professional, independent baseball organization located in the Midwestern United States consisting of 12 franchises in two divisions playing a 96-game regular season schedule. The league was formed in 1993, and is the oldest currently running independent league.
Images from this story
Michael Centeno at St. Thomas University
(St. Thomas University)
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Marino Returns to Miners as Hitting Coach - Southern Illinois Miners
- Beach Bums Sign Three from California Winter League - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Slammers Seeking Host Families for 2018 - Joliet Slammers
- Kukura, McClain and Stagani Signed by Evansville - Evansville Otters
- CornBelters Sign Michael Centeno for 2018 Season - Normal CornBelters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.