Comcast SportsNet, ABC 27.2 RTV to Televise Washington AHL Showcase
ARLINGTON, Va. - The Washington AHL Showcase, presented by GEICO, between the Hershey Bears and Norfolk Admirals at Verizon Center on Thursday, Dec. 6 (7 p.m.), will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and ABC 27.2 RTV (Central Pennsylvania). The live coverage will be available to viewers throughout Virginia, Maryland, D.C. and Central Pennsylvania, including both teams' home markets.
The Admirals and Bears will clash in the third of eight regular-season meetings on Thursday night at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. The teams first met on Wednesday at Norfolk Scope Arena and will meet again on Saturday at Giant Center in Hershey, Pa.
Washington Capitals radio play-by-play broadcaster John Walton and ABC-27 sports director Gregg Mace will call the action from Verizon Center.
ABC 27.2 RTV channel locations for viewers in Central Pennsylvania are:
- ABC-27.2's RTV Channel 27.2
- Comcast Channel 246
- Verizon Fios Channel 461
- Blue Ridge Cable Channel 152
- Kuhn Communications Channel 67
Comcast SportsNet channel locations are available at http://www.csnwashington.com/channel-finder.
"Voice of the Bears" Scott Stuccio will also provide radio play-by-play of the game on the Bears Radio Network of affiliates WQIC-FM 100.1, WTKT-AM 1460, WRBT-94.9 FM HD-2, and via the iHeartRadio application for iPhone and Android users. It can also be found on Sirius 207/XM 92 NHL Home Ice.
In addition, Pete Michaud's broadcast of the contest will air live on Norfolk's radio affiliates 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and 1021TheGame.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2012
- Houston Aeros Sweep Oklahoma City, Win Fifth Straight - Houston Aeros
- Milwaukee Rallies to Oust Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Monarchs Caught Bird Watching - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Shoot Past Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Push Past Phantoms, 7-4 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Drop First Game in Home-And-Home Series with Toronto - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Cruise Past Lake Erie Monsters, 6-2, For - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Triumph in Showdown with Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Defeats Connecticut 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks' Four-Game Road Streak Comes to End in Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Monsters Can't Overcome First-Period Deficit - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Blanked by IceCaps - Albany Devils
- Falcons Stage Thrilling Comeback, Stun Monarchs - Springfield Falcons
- Stars Cage Griffins 3-1 - Texas Stars
- Crunch Comeback Comes up Short - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Power Past Sound Tigers for Third Consecutive Win - Hershey Bears
- Bears Defeat Sound Tigers 5-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- IceCaps Win Third Straight with 1-0 Shutout over Devils - St. John's IceCaps
- Shaw Suspended for Saturday's Game - Rockford IceHogs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Veilleux and Uher Assigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs in Giving Spirit During December - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Comcast SportsNet, ABC 27.2 RTV to Televise Washington AHL Showcase - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Manchester, Game #18 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida
- Seven-Game Home Win Streak Snapped by IceMen on Sunday Afternoon
- Game Day: Admirals Wrap up Weekend Hosting IceMen
- Admirals Complete Season Sweep of Swamp Rabbits, Run Home Win Streak to Seven
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Channel Inner Irish on St. Hatrick's Day