Colorado Signs Forward Jon Phillips to One-Year Deal
DENVER - The Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League (NLL) today announced the organization has signed forward Jon Phillips to a one-year contract agreement, set to begin during the 2023-24 NLL campaign.
Recording 45 points (21g, 24a), 36 loose balls and two penalty minutes in 16 regular season appearances with the Las Vegas Desert Dogs last year, the Delta, British Columbia native ranked fourth on the team in scoring while racking up the third-most assists during his rookie campaign. Adding four power-play markers and assists each, the first-year forward proved he has what it takes to score in the pros.
Originally drafted by the Vancouver Warriors in the 2018 NLL Entry Draft (sixth round, 66th overall), Phillips racked up 230 points (88g, 142a) and 18 penalty minutes in 71 regular season games with the Jr. A Delta Islanders. In two seasons with the Sr. A Nanaimo Timberman (WLA), Phillips recorded 81 points (34g, 47a) and six penalty minutes in 31 appearances.
With the organization trading forward Ty Thompson to Panther City Lacrosse Club earlier this week in exchange for a conditional third-round selection in the 2024 NLL Entry Draft, Phillips will begin the season on the team's Practice Player List, with Connor Robinson, Eli McLaughlin, Chris Wardle and Dylan Kinnear set to begin the year on the Active Roster.
Mammoth fans can stay tuned to coloradomammoth.com and Colorado Mammoth social media channels for the latest transactions, announcements and beyond!
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 29, 2023
- Warriors Sticking to Systems and Trusting the Process Through Training Camp - Vancouver Warriors
- Vancouver Warriors Ready for Season with Home Opener Around the Corner - Vancouver Warriors
- Final Roster Announced for 2023-2024 Season - Philadelphia Wings
- Colorado Signs Forward Jon Phillips to One-Year Deal - Colorado Mammoth
- Game Preview: Halifax vs Saskatchewan - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Opens 2023-24 Season against Vancouver Warriors - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Knighthawks Renew Broadcast Agreement with iHeartMedia for 2023-24 Season - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Mammoth Capture Epic 18-10 Win Over Riptide In Return To Ball Arena
- Mammoth Return to Loud House for Second-Ever Showdown with Riptide
- Mammoth Fall to FireWolves Saturday, 13-11
- Colorado Set to Visit Top-Ranked Albany FireWolves Saturday
- Colorado Drops Overtime Decision to Panther City, 14-13